Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Dictations!    

Dictations!

myemma
Ukraine

Dictations!

Dear friends! Can you help me!
I am looking for a site with different kind of dictations (level-  any).
If you know the address of the sites, could you be so kind and share  them with me? Thank you a lot!!  Lena/

15 Mar 2009      

a isabel
Portugal

During one of the congresses for English Teachers I was given several ideas about dictations.  I still remember �Creative Dictations�.  You ask pupils to write numbers from 1 to for example 10 in a list. Then you tell  them to write in number 1 a verb (-ing form)Eg sleeping  , in number 2  a place in the house, in number 3 a hobby  in number 4  a number from 1 to50  , in number 5 an animal   , number 6 (�)

Then the Teacher says: When I knock the table I will say a number and you write the word you have in your list.

The teacher starts dictating:  Last night I was in (she knocks and says number 2...)   T goes on  �when I heard a strange noise. It was a  (T knocks) number 5) that was�.T knocks number 1�.

I hope you understand the idea.  You can use this idea for many things  like an application letter in which you dictate� Dear � (pupils invent a name).  I am writing to apply for the position of�. (they invent the job)  �.. Every pupils gets curious to read the other classmates texts �

Please tell me if you used this idea with something else so that I can try with my pupils.  The first idea is fantastic they love, but Ii would like to use with different contexts.

Regards

AIsabel

15 Mar 2009     

myemma
Ukraine

Thank you a lot!!!!!! But do  you know  where can I  get the materials of the dictation???

15 Mar 2009     

a isabel
Portugal

Sorry, I don �t know and I don �t remember where I have those copies. If I find them I will scan them for you.

15 Mar 2009     

Missbrittany
France

http://www.learnenglish.de/dictationpage.htm#elem

At this address you can find what �you �re looking for.  Thumbs Up

15 Mar 2009