Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > what is the right alternative? could you please help?    

what is the right alternative? could you please help?

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

what is the right alternative? could you please help?

My stepmum Mary died three weeks ago, but I will never stop loving her. She was the most helpful person you can imagine. She (supported / has supported) my family all her life. When my brother and I came home from school, she was always there to give us food and listen to our news. When we were sad, she (has always tried / was always trying)  to comfort us. She was also a lot of  fun. She knew many stories and songs. I can’t remember her ever being angry with us. I had a wonderful childhood largely thanks to her

9 Dec 2020      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

She supported
was always trying

9 Dec 2020     

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

thank you

9 Dec 2020     

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

thank you

9 Dec 2020     

yanogator
United States

Lynne is right. Since these events ended in the past, the present perfect isn�t appropriate.

Bruce 

9 Dec 2020     

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

thank you so much for your help
i really appreciate it 

10 Dec 2020     

lillianschild
Argentina

I agree. The Present Perfect would be the right choice if Mary were still alive.

11 Dec 2020