Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD 23 01 2021    

WOD 23 01 2021

maryse pey�
France

WOD 23 01 2021

Thanks a million Dale for your choosing my crazy daffynition. Of course never give alchohol to babies !

My 2 short words to think about are SHINTY and CNAPAN.

Let�s see what funny, silly, interesting, unexpected ... daffynitions you can think of.

Hugs and TAKE CARE OF YOU.

Maryse. 

23 Jan 2021      

spinney
United Kingdom

Hmmm  ...  interesting choice. Well, both SHINTY and CNAPAN, as everybody on the Isle of Ely will tell you, are dishes made from eels. SHINTY is an eel stew, and CNAPAN is an eel pie. It`s an acquired taste, to be honest. 

24 Jan 2021     

karagozian
France

Haha !!!!

gentil chenapan in French  

nice rascal  in English

24 Jan 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I didn�t know about the eel varieties of these dishes, so you learn lots of interesting stuff on here. Thanks for that interesting snippet, Dale Out in the Outer Hebrides, these are two classic dishes. Shinty is what the locals call shin stew. It is delicious! Cnapan is what we in the NE of England call panacalty. That is corned beef and potato hash, one of my favourites. 

25 Jan 2021     

savilla
Australia

Well, shinty is another word for a sea shanty. The word is mostly used in New Zealand. 
Cnapan is a type of Gaelic bread made with white flour and containing raisins. It�s much tastier than any of these eel dishes people have been talking about!

27 Jan 2021