Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD 2nd wave waited !    

WOD 2nd wave waited !

maryse pey�
France

WOD 2nd wave waited !

WOD 23 01 2021

Thanks a million Dale for your choosing my crazy daffynition. Of course never give alchohol to babies !

My 2 short words to think about are SHINTY and CNAPAN.

Let�s see what funny, silly, interesting, unexpected ... daffynitions you can think of.

Hugs and TAKE CARE OF YOU.

Maryse. 

I don�t have enough entries to choose a winner.

Please share your mind with us and I will decide who the winner can be.

Take care of you.

Hugs.

Maryse. 

1 Feb 2021      

spinney
United Kingdom

In that case, I´ll have another crack at it.

A SHINTY is a cup of tea that is taken while kneeling down in an ancient English tea-drinking ceremony. One must kneel on one´s SHINS to drink the TEA.

A CNAPAN is a saucepan that is used in this ancient ceremony to brew the tea. 

1 Feb 2021     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Unfortunately, not only the coronavirus has its variants, but the English words are beginning to vary too. So, very simple, this one

Shinty is SHINY and Cnapan is CANAPE, both the Amazonian variants.( Yes, we in Brazil have our own variant) I hope the traditional English doesn´t allow these variants to settle permanently.

2 Feb 2021     

FrauSue
France

Shinty and Cnapan are ancient mythical Scottish gods. Shinty is the goddess of the land, and Cnapan is the god of the water.

4 Feb 2021     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Shinty, also spelled shin-tee is the latest fashion. Slogans printed on a tee-shirt fabric are worn on the lower legs (shins) over the shin protectors in soccer. Cnapan is a flower whose bloom folds down into a C shape in the shade. Children say the flower is nappin� when the bloom closes.

5 Feb 2021     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

The confusion is completely understandable! Both these words are dishes but from a thankfully bygone era when Gandalf and the Elves walked this earth. Shinty was a dish prepared by the Goblin men in which they especially added horse-hooves and warg-tails in a sort of gruel they prepared. The dish was adopted by the orcs of Mordor but they altered it a bit by adding the herb "sage" to the mix. (they got this brilliant idea from the mountain trolls that they had started to tame as pets and also beasts-of-burden.) They were too snotty to call it Shinty any longer so they started calling it, Cnapan. :)
  Source: The tales of middle-earth.  

7 Feb 2021