Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for voice actors for a listening exercise    

Looking for voice actors for a listening exercise

englishchris
Germany

Looking for voice actors for a listening exercise

Dear colleagues,

I have been less than active on this wonderful site for the past two years or so. Now things have changed, and I�m looking forward to coming back again full force.

I�m now working at a vocational college, where we train future educators and early childhood teachers. For the past year, I have been developing course material for one of our elective subjects, "Practical English". Other than for the regular English lessons, there is no set curriculum for it, and I was relatively free in my approach. My goal was to give our students some basic real-life skills to use in their future careers. Thus, the course now covers things like organising outings, health and hygiene, food and allergies, accident reports, writing a letter of application, etc.

For every unit, I wrote some small dialogues in easy English to familiarise the students with the topic that is going to be covered. Now I got that idea into my head that it would be great if these dialogues could be turned into a listening activity for the students to read along with.

So long story short, I wanted to ask you lovely people if you might perhaps be interested in creating an audio activity.

I�m looking for voices for the following characters:

Main Parts:

Mary Bright, a warm-hearted lady in her sixties, who runs a nursery.

Greg Porter, 23, who works in said nursery as an educator and is the supervisor of two trainees.

Amy Harris, early 20s, who also trained as an educator and is now doing a work placement at the nursery.

Theresa Maier, 19, from Germany, who is doing her one-year mandatory work placement to finish her educator�s degree abroad.

Smaller Part (2 dialogues)

Valery Wilcox, 31, a concerned mother, who is not sure if the nursery�s hygiene is up to scratch.

If you could imagine doing one of these parts, please get in contact with me, and I will get back to you. I thought it could work that way, I send you the script, and you can record your part at your leisure and upload the file. I would cut it, put in some sound effects, and make a nice listening experience out of it. Once it is finished, I would of course send you the completed files to use together with the script in your lessons.

7 Mar 2021      

thais.motta
Brazil

Hello! I am an ESl teacher from Brazil I would like to know if I can work with this project. Can you send me details of this by e-mail? What program do you recommend to record?
My email is [email protected]

7 Mar 2021     

kohai
Latvia

What a fantastic idea!

7 Mar 2021     

karagozian
France

I am a retired tired teacher. This is fantastic indeed in a world where everyone seems asleep Unlike Ruta I am not a geek but very enthusiastic about colaborating or helping in whatever way.

8 Mar 2021     

Cariboo
France

Welcome back !

8 Mar 2021     

MMary
Spain

Hi, I�m an ESL that works in Spain. I would love to participate! Maria

9 Mar 2021     

jannabanna
France

I might be just right for :

Mary Bright, a warm-hearted lady in her sixties, who runs a nursery. 

I�m a native British and 70 years young!

Let me know if need me and how to go about things!

Janet 

10 Mar 2021     

englishchris
Germany

A big thank you to everyone who has volunteered so far.

We�ve got Mary, Amy and Valery cast and are still looking for Greg and Theresa.

If anyone can feel the siren call of the stage, or in this case the microphone, please just contact me.

Have a great day everyone
Chris

10 Mar 2021