Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help to form the Passive!     

Help to form the Passive!

tendergirl21
Mexico

Help to form the Passive!

Dear teachers, I am struggling with an exercise, could you help me please rewrite the sentences by changing the text in the quotation marks to the passive voice? 

Yesterday, a new report was released by the government. It showed how �our actions have clear effects on the environment�. �We save energy when we switch to compact fluorescent bulbs�.

Bigger changes were also reported, such as when �stores reduce CO2 emissions because they make changes to their buildings�.

Thank you in advance!!!

14 Mar 2021      

mariec
Spain

YESTERDAY, A NEW REPORT WAS RELEASED BY THE GOVERNMENT. IT SHOWED HOW "CLEAR EFFECTS ARE  HAD

ON THE ENVIRONMENT BY OUR ACTIONS". ENERGY IS SAVED WHEN COMPACT FLUORESCENT BULBS ARE

SWITCHED TO".

BIGGER CHANGES WERE ALSO REPORTED, SUCH AS WHEN "CO2 EMISSIONS ARE REDUCED BECAUSE CHANGES

ARE MADE TO THEIR BUILDINGS BY STORES." 

14 Mar 2021     

tendergirl21
Mexico

Thank you so much for the answer dear Mariec.   I really appreciate it! Greetings from Morelos, México,

14 Mar 2021     

yanogator
United States

Hi,
Although mariec�s answer for the first sentence is technically correct, it doesn�t quite work. This sentence can�t be changed directly to passive.

A reasonable change would be
     It showed how the environment is clearly affected by our actions.

Her other two changes are correct.

Bruce 

16 Mar 2021