Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How to improve students learning for the reported speech?    

How to improve students learning for the reported speech?

peace4ever
Israel

I need effective ways and helping materials  that could help in teaching this grammar lesson for example applied ideas ...please i �m doing a research about this ..can you help??

15 Mar 2009      

MissMelissa12
Peru

Hi,

Once I saw a teacher work with pieces of cardboard with parts of the speech written on it. For instance he would write SUBJECT in one cardboard, then VERB in another piece of cardboard, OBJECT, and so on.
Then, he would make their students to do the same thing with colour cardboards and make other sets of the cardboard with words: MY MOTHER ( on the subject colour cardboard) STUDY ( On the verb could cardboard).

After this, he would make their students to create sentences following the sentence structure taugh to report sentences. So students placed the cards they had on the table and created their own sentencs.

I found it very useful and I saw his students being motivated and practicing with that.

Miss Melissa. Hug

15 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Miss Melissa,
I �m not sure i understood the technique this teacher used. Or what it has to do with Reported Speech ... If you �d be so kind as to explain it through an example ... to be more specific ...
Thanks
Ivona

15 Mar 2009     

peace4ever
Israel

me too.. I didn �t got your point Miss Melissa..and i think you are taliking about passive sentences not reported or indirect sentences!thanks any way!

17 Mar 2009