Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with Grammar    

Help with Grammar

dackala
Serbia

Help with Grammar

Hello dear teachers,

I do not know what the correct answer would be in the following case. I have a printable where I wrote a sentence : Click on the apple  (it is a ppt presentation). Students need to choose between two options. Is it correct to say -click on the apple or I have to say -click on an apple?

Sorry for the previous post, I do not why when I put an apostrophe it shows strange marks.

10 Jul 2021      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

If you have two apples or more, then you would have to say click on an apple. If there is just one apple, then you click on the apple. 

Hope this helps!
Lynne  

Edit - oh the apostrophes are awful! Since nobody has replied to your other post, you should be able to delete it. 

10 Jul 2021     

dackala
Serbia

Thanks a lot Lynne!

Unfortunately, I am not able to delete the post I do not know why.

11 Jul 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Darija, don�t worry about the extra post, but the reason you can�t delete it is because someone replied. Once you have had a reply, it�s impossible to delete. Well, they posted some kind of nonsense... Maybe it�s a hidden code?

11 Jul 2021     

dackala
Serbia

Just report it as a spam so it could be deleted :D

11 Jul 2021