Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Caption competition    

Caption competition

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Caption competition

Thank you dear jfaraujo for choosing my caption. Here is the new picture. Let�s have some captions from you: what might be going on here? What is the fellow saying? What is the duck saying etc! Or is it a goose...? 
 Barrie Hayman's duck is quackers about her master | Daily Mail Online

31 Jan 2022      

mfraczek
France

Ey up me Duck (With broad Derbyshire accent). Are you the new bartender?

1 Feb 2022     

spinney
United Kingdom

"Where is Grandad?"
"He said he was going up the pub to have a gander at who was about."

1 Feb 2022     

douglas
United States

"When I asked for my bar bill, this is not what I had in mind."

1 Feb 2022     

karagozian
France

You don�t have to Tell me to drink myself under The table. I usually drink like � fish dear goose or duck

1 Feb 2022     

teresasimoes
Portugal

"Don´t worry about me, I don´t feel blue. Do you? I just can´t bear going home without my beer. I appreciate your company, anyway"

2 Feb 2022     

karagozian
France

Stop gazing at me like that. You�re working on my nerves and BTW you�d better keep your distance. I have the Covid. So, I do what I can to get by. Some drink wine !!!!! I drink beer or vodka. GO back to your river.

2 Feb 2022     

niksailor
Russian Federation

[a typical talk between Bertie Wooster, who is now an old rich chap and Jeeves, his loyal valet, who has become a goose after so many years of standing his queer master]:

- Jeeves! Hey Jeeves! What if I make a hot stuff with bloody mary, some tequila, ah ... that damned Russian vodka plus Aunt Agatha�s hellish herbs she�d get from that market?
- Out of the question, sir. That would go against your Aunt�s last will. May I say, sir, your Aunt would have never forgiven herself if she had ever poisoned you with those exotic Mexican cacti ...
- But Jeeves!! These days they�ll drink hard! What will they say if they learn I haven�t the guts to do the thing I�ve promised?!!
- Keep calm, sir. They all are on the other side looking down on you now from heaven. I dare say, sir, they promised the same, but, to our grief, were meant to get to the afterlife after mixing too many ingredients ...
- Ah, Jeeves, stop that gibberish. Johny�s on top, didn�t you know? ... Okay, bring me that cactus or what did you say, I�ll put some in my pint.
- Oh, as you wish, sir ...
----------------------------------------------------------
(I�m thinking of watching the series again, what about you? :) )

2 Feb 2022     

Jayho
Australia

I took to Foster�s beer like a duck takes to water

(That�s an Aussie beer sign on that tap: Fosters lager)

2 Feb 2022     

jfaraujo
Portugal

"I think I�ve had a pint too much! I cannot believe I�m being served by a goosetender!"

3 Feb 2022     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Goose: "This fella�s sloshed - he�s just invited me on a date!"

3 Feb 2022     

1    2    Next >