Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Classroom management    

Classroom management

ShobujMiah
Saudi Arabia

Classroom management

Hi all, I have a classroom management scenario. I have ten Saudi Arabian students aged between 11-13. Five of these students are disruptive and five are good. What strategies would you use to manage this class in terms of controlling the five who are disruptive, so the class can be a productive class?

5 Feb 2022      

teachernella73
Mexico

Hello friend. What has worked  for me teaching these kinds of students is to make them your very special helpers. Give them tasks like attendance, hand out papers, pick up papers, give them high 5�s, make them feel important and make them feel they are special to you. If they misbehave tell them that you expected better from them. Hear them out and in a private chat ask them what the problem is. That age group is difficult but try to see if they like to do games or challenges, seek for what motivates them. Good luck :)

7 Feb 2022     

ShobujMiah
Saudi Arabia

Hi friend, Thank you for the many tips teachernella73.

8 Feb 2022     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Give rewards such as stars on a chart (and a certificate for accumulating 10 stars) for good behaviour, positive contributions and good work produced.   

Keep calm.  Go to misbehaving students and speak to them quietly rather than shouting from the front. 

Be well prepared and don�t give them time to misbehave.  

Report their bad behaviour to your boss and their parents. 

11 Feb 2022     

ShobujMiah
Saudi Arabia

Thank you for these advices dawnmain.

24 Feb 2022