Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Rephrasing     

Rephrasing

Pedro14
Spain

Rephrasing

I am working on a rephrasing sentences worksheet. The answer I want my students to write is : Nobody else is going to turn up now for the lesson, so you may as well go home. Which sentence would you provide them with? Would "nobody else is going to show up now for the lesson, so there�s no better alternative for you than going home." Dunno how to express the last part of the sentence in a natural way so that my students will have to use �may as well". Thanks in advance.

1 May 2023      

spinney
United Kingdom

Nice one! I can think of these at the moment but I might send some more later. I love fixed expressions like this!
"Nobody else is going to show up for the lesson, you might as well go home."  Nobody else is going to show up for the lesson, it is just as well that you all go home." Nobody else is going to show up for the lesson, perhaps it is better if we all go home." "Nobody else is going to show up for the lesson, I see no (good) reason to stay." "Nobody else is going to show up for the lesson, perhaps we should all go home." "Nobody else is going to show up for the lesson, perhaps we had better go home." 

2 May 2023     

douglas
United States

"Nobody else is here for the lesson, we might as well head back home." ?

2 May 2023