Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Penfriends     

Penfriends

isabelle99
Monaco

Penfriends

Hello,

I�m teaching a class of 15 teens in needs aged  /b/ 14 and 16 y.o. who are preparing a diploma in catering industry. Their English level is obviously quite low but they are very nice and super motivated !

Would you please try and be our penfriends this year? You can trust me, I will send regular mail and won�t let you done ! I�ve already done that many years ago with a Turkish class: I can remember we had exchanged parcels in which each pupil had given a symbol of his/her country or him/herself: So we got some keyrings, teddy bears, spices and they got caps from the Formula one Grand Prix, keyrings too, postcards.... In a word, an amazing load of anything and everything. My pupils were exctatic ! And when they sent and received letters, it was the same joy in class!
Soooooooo, it would be great to start this project once again ! 

Thanks a lot,

Isabelle

8 Sep 2023      

aleafff
France

Hi Isabelle, Glad to hear your message about the penpal project.I remember that I had sustained a penpal project via sending letters in a big envelope to Poland but it was a long time ago.I had seven gap years and now I�m back.I remember that it worked really well with my pupils and we had sent some sweet souvenirs describing our city.I have the same age students this year and if you wish,I�m up for a new project. Looking forward to hearing from you soon Best regards Elif

10 Sep 2023     

aleafff
France

By the way,during my gap years,I was teaching in France but this year I am back in T�rkiye. The letters will be sent from T�rkiye

10 Sep 2023     

DariaHvozdyk
Ukraine

Dear Isabelle, 
We would be super glad to take part!
We are based in Ukraine, though, so if email pen friendship is possible in these cicumstances, we are  ready!
We also have positive experience in email friendship and Zoom sessions with several schools.
I would be thankful for your answer.
Best regards,
Daria. 

13 Sep 2023