Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Nickel!    

Nickel!

Mandolina
United Kingdom

Nickel!

Hello any French colleagues about. What does Nickel! mean? Great, or spick and span (clean and tidy)? Do older people use it? Is it used much? Lynne

29 Sep 2023      

valodra
France

Hello Lynne !
What happened to you ?????
Nickel means " clean and tidy" as you have written. Eg : Ta chambre est nickel ! ( fam)
And it means Great too. eg : Comment étaient tes vacances ? - C�était nickel ! ( meaning nothing went wrong...)
Val

30 Sep 2023     

valodra
France

Ps : I think it is still used today ( Well..I do ! ) Many of my older students keep using it - though they might use other words I do not know - I am too old ;-D  

30 Sep 2023     

Black Nooka
France

Hello Lynne, I also use the word "Nickel" to say it is perfect. I frequently use it and so do my students. Have a nice day (maybe at the seaside). Hugs Murielle

30 Sep 2023     

Mandolina
United Kingdom

Hi Val and Murielle, that was helpful. Nickel! Val, I changed my password when I got a new computer. I had to, as I had forgotten the original one. Well, Ruta said there was a way to retrieve the old one, but I thought it would be easier to change it. Mistake! Could not get back on:( Hasta la vista bebe! Hope you are well. I am mainly retired now. I go to two French conversation groups and have made some lovely friends. Lynne x

30 Sep 2023