Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Youtube help    

Youtube help

FrauSue
France

Youtube help

Calling any YouTube experts!

I recently discovered the "clip" function on YouTube which allows you to clip a short segment of a video (some videos have disallowed it, however) and create a clip of it. (This tutorial explains how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_B1E2sIp7s)

I used YouGlish to find videos using idioms from my vocabulary list, and then used the clip tool to create a short 15-20 second clip for each idiom. I then played the clips to my student and he had to identify which idiom he heard and explain the context.

However, I can�t work out how to combine the clips into a playlist - they are in a separate part of my YouTube library. If anyone can help, I would be grateful! And I will share the finished playlist with you all :) 

5 Oct 2023      

kohai
Latvia

Hi FrauSue!
I�m not an expert, which is why I waited for someone else to answer your question. Over a year ago, I stumbled upon the clipping option on YouTube, and I�ve been using it from time to time.
I don�t think it�s possible to add these clips to a YouTube playlist. However, if you have many of them and want to share them with your students, colleagues, etc., you can create a list of links in a shared document or a Google Doc. Additionally, since each clip has its own embed code, it�s possible to create a small website (for free) just for collecting your clips in various categories.

11 Oct 2023     

FrauSue
France

Thanks Kohai - you�ve confirmed what I thought anyway. I was just hoping there might be a sneaky way to do it that I hadn�t spotted.

15 Oct 2023     

vinux
Svalbard

Search engine optimization has also adapted to the mobile first landscape. Google mobile first indexing prioritizes social media management service mobile-optimized websites in search rankings.

19 Dec 2023     

vinux
Svalbard

For a supplement that provides high-quality pure glutathione. Check for information on the source of glutathion skin in the product as some formulations use synthetic glutathione, while others derive it from natural sources.

3 Jan 2024     

vinux
Svalbard

While warm yellow LEDs may not offer the same level of visibility as white LEDs they can be suitable for certain driving conditions, golf mk6 tail lights especially in foggy or inclement weather. Some drivers appreciate the perceived reduction in glare.

17 Jan 2024     

slowlyleveret
United States

Enjoy exploring a variety of in-depth academic topics. Diverse fields help you build a good development direction. Besides, maximize personal development skills based on effective strengths scratch games

24 Mar 2024