Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FALLAS FROM VALENCIA    

FALLAS FROM VALENCIA

estherita
Spain

FALLAS FROM VALENCIA

Hi guys!!!

I have added a link in the book marks about las Fallas. It is a Valencian festivity (in Spain) devoted to Saint Joseph. It goes for about a week and they are famous around the world by the fireworks, "mascletaes" and its momuments, which are set on fire on 19th march. Hope you find it useful to learn about our own culture.

http://www.fallasfromvalencia.com/

18 Mar 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

What nice pictures, Estherita!!! Being there would be wonderful!!!

18 Mar 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Hello:

Maybe it �s just me, but I find the stuff on fire a little creepy. 

And, it�s such a shame to burn what is, essentially, fine art.

--zoemorosini

18 Mar 2009     

estherita
Spain

yeah!! You can find it a little creepy if you do not know. It is all about the "new begining" of things. The next day after the burning, we in Valencia start working on the following year monuments! It is our celebration, our feeling as a community and maybe if you do not understand what are the monuments made for you wion �t probably understand anything about "las fallas". Sometimes it is diffucult to understand other traditions and festivities.

And yes, you are right, the monuments are fine art. The ones I have shown you are simple monuments, the special section monuments are just incredible!

I think I will make a worksheet on this topic to let you know basic notions on my culture!

Have a nice week!! Fortunately I am on holidays because of Las Fallas!

18 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

maybe you are right but I �ve just considered the second one. I love it!!!

18 Mar 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

hello, I am your neighbour, so to say, ( Portuguese) but I have no idea what "las fallas" can be. I have never heard, but for sure, that is something really marvelous.
Congratulations

18 Mar 2009     

joebcn
Andorra

I was in Valencia last year, but I have to work this time, so I won �t be able to enjoy this incredible and unique feast.  I wish I was there!!!!!

I AGREE WITH YOU. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THIS "AMAZING" PARTY.

Amunt Val�ncia!!! Esther, I hope you enjoy FALLES and I �m looking forward to sharing your worksheet on that topic.
JOE

18 Mar 2009