Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TEACHERS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD, I NEED YOUR HELP!    

TEACHERS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD, I NEED YOUR HELP!

LIBERTAD
Mexico

TEACHERS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD, I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hi! I�m kind of a new member, but now it�s like an addiction hahahaha! I�ve been trying to upload as many handouts as I can and I�m checking my account every day. I just love this page! and I�d like to thank all the teachers who want to share their great ideas on this site.

I�m from Mexico and I�m working as an english teacher =) All teachers at work, are looking for the best or at least a better "STUDENT�S BOOK". I was wondering if you could help me with your ideas. It would be nice if you tell me the book you�re using at work or if you can recommend any. I�d appreciate it a lot! Thank you and have a nice day! =)

6 Oct 2008      

gloriawpai
Brazil

Hello Libertad,

First of all we need to know how old your students are, in order to recommend you a book.

6 Oct 2008     

gisel
Mexico

Hi!!

You�re right!! This is an addiction!! Hehe...

Well, I work at three different levels and these are the books we�ve been using since August:

At Junior High - American Inspiration
At High School - Sky High (we�re piloting it)
At university - American Inside Out

Hope this information is useful for you!!

Warm Regards...  ;)

6 Oct 2008     

LIBERTAD
Mexico

Thank you Gloria for your answer. Well, I�m teaching students from 8 to 15 years old. Students from 8 to 12 years old are working with Fantastic! and students from 13 to 15 years old are working with Mega. And adult students with Attitude. So, I�m kind of working with all ages students. And we�re about to open new groups for kindergarden students. hahha! difficult ha? Then, it�ll be helpful if you tell me a book of any level hahaha!

Gisel, thanks so much for your suggestions! I appreciate it! =)

7 Oct 2008     

oregon91
Argentina

Hi Libertad: In the institution where I work, we use My First English Adventure for 3 - 5 years old. It has wonderful components. For children from 6 to 12 we use English Adventure. For teenage groups we use Energy and for exam preparation (PET, Pre-FCE and FCE) we use Activate B1, B1+ and B2. For adults Total English.
All these coursebooks are published by Longman.
We have been working with these books for quite a while (except for Activate, it came out this year) and they work pretty well.

If you have any questions, don�t hesitate to ask.

Warm regards,

Fernanda

7 Oct 2008     

LIBERTAD
Mexico

Hi Fernanda!

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Actually I was surfing the internet and I found these books "English Adventure". I really loved the book�s presentation with all those colors and stuff. But I didn�t know if they had all the things needed in a good english book, you know. So, your comment really helped me because it�s not the same working with the books than just seeing them in the bookstore.

You mentioned that My First English Adventure has wonderful components, how has it been working with these books? Do you think these books encourage the Ss to speak? What about English Adventure? Would you change this book for another one?

Thanks! LibertaD =)

7 Oct 2008