Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > English Speaking Students learning Spanish Wanting Penpals who will also speak English    

English Speaking Students learning Spanish Wanting Penpals who will also speak English

Vickiii
New Zealand

English Speaking Students learning Spanish Wanting Penpals who will also speak English

Hello Teachers,

I have a good friend who is about to teach her 10 - 12 year olds how to speak the basics of Spanish:  i.e. They will be learning colours, some verbs, basic sentences, numbers, greetings etc.  They will also be learning about the countries. 

Quite likely Chile will be the first country they will learn about (my old students who I left to go visit Chile!) and also possible Spain.

Is there anyone out there who has students who might like to converse with some New Zealand children via email and even hopefully on Skype!  They will mainly start with life in your country.  Quite advanced students would even be great - as this way they could have full on conversations in English - with the New Zealand children just using their greetings, and learning some basic phrases.  As I said the big thing would be to expand their horizons from our little islands to get to know someone from another country who speaks English and another language.

LEt me know if you are interested in thie project for say August - December.

Cheers
Vicki
[email protected]

25 Mar 2009      

wolfy
Chile

Maybe. �All my students are adults but maybe their kids would be interested. �I �ll ask and get back to you.

25 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

thanks wolfy

27 Mar 2009