Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Leaving comments...    

Leaving comments...

fletsch
Canada

Leaving comments...

I know that the topic of leaving comments on worsheets is a big topic. In my opinion, I think that leaving a comment on others worksheets not only shows appreciation for their work, but also gives that member a chance to view your profile and printables. Anytime someone leaves a comment on my worksheet, I always look at their printables and end up dowloading some of their work. If not for their comments, I would have never found their resources. To me it is just a great way of showing your thanks for their hard work, while at the same time sharing your worksheets and ideas. A win-win situation in my opinion, don �t you think?

25 Mar 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

I wouldn �t mind a no-comment comment, as long as it �s a comment so i can see who are the people who will use the activities i uploaded ... But i guess, people are way to busyyyyyyy. Rush, rush, rush, all the time ... 

25 Mar 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Leaving comments is a matter of encouragement, and a way of thanking others  for their efforts. Well, it �s not a big deal if someone didn �t comment; however it �s nice to know who are those who appreciated ur work, and what improvements they had in mind. It �s a keep-it-up method. I feel people deserve a word or a minute compared to days of preparing the contributions.
What do u say????????

25 Mar 2009     

gilorit
Israel

I totally agree with you Fletsch.
Leaving a comment is important for the giver and for the person who made the worksheet.
Like you, I always look at the printables of those who leave comments on my work and I download their work.
It also helps me remember if I had already downloaded the ws.
Saying "thank you" is so encouraging. ;-)
Orit

25 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Saying  thanks is a matter of being "polite".  It �s what "mom" taught us to say when we were babies.   So why is it that when we grow up we forget??????????

I appologize to all those who I downloaded from and only said "thanks".  Please take it as a compliment because I liked your ws. it �s just that I am rushed for time.

25 Mar 2009     

puddyd
Oman

I too have noticed that when you comment on a worksheet that is �from the search � and not a premium one ,then my points also go up , so I assume people do the same, ie. check out their worksheets. I do , we are a quizzy race and yes it is also amazing what one can find.THere are alot of forgotton but wonderful worksheets that you would never have come across had you not gone �stalking �. I certainly feel that if they liked my style then I might like theirs .
I actually made a suggestion a long time ago that Victor takes a break for one day and lets us download 30 old worksheets once a week instead of premium ones. What do you all think about that?
Anyhow , some food for thought. I �m almost off to Orlando for a 3 week holiday, yay!!!!
A ;o)

25 Mar 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi puddyd
I think your idea is a good one !! There are many "old" ws that are so worth downloading and it will be nice to download them for free once in a while.
Have fun in Orlando !! I am going to go there in June !!
It is GREAT there!!!
Orit ;-)

25 Mar 2009