Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Wanted: Willing participants for a postcard exchange    

Wanted: Willing participants for a postcard exchange

ehelland33
United States

Wanted: Willing participants for a postcard exchange

Hello fellow teachers!

Is there anyone interested in participating in a postcard exchange with my students?  What we would do is write you a letter asking questions about where you live and giving you information about where we live.  We would also send you a postcard from our city.  What we would ask in return is a postcard from where you live and a brief note answering some of the questions we asked in the letter.  This could be as detailed as you would like, but we �re only asking for a postcard.  You can write it personally or turn it into an activity for your class, whatever would work best.

This would be great practice for my students in letter writing, asking questions and giving information.  They are a small group of beginning level high school students all orginally from Somalia.  This would also give them some great information about different parts of the world!

If interested, please e-mail me your name and address to [email protected].

Thank you so much for any help you can give for this!  My students will be very excited to write and receive the postcards!

Erin Helland
ESL Teacher
Minneapolis, MN U.S.A.

26 Mar 2009      

saninfe
Spain

That would be great!! I have two girls who I �m sure would be glad to exchange postcards. They are 12 and 11 years old.

26 Mar 2009     

sylvieK
France

Hi!
I �m sure my pupils would be thrilled to write postcards but how old are your pupils?
I �ve got 3 classes which could do the job: One class is composed of 28 11 and 12 year olds ( in their first year), the second group is composed of 22 13-and-14-year-olds and the last ones are between 14 ans 15 (22 of them). Please send me a message if you �re interested!

26 Mar 2009     

andrea1828
Argentina

Hi a have a group of nine students.THey will surely love this exchange. They are from Argentina

please feel free to write if you are interested

[email protected]

26 Mar 2009     

genzianella
Italy

Hi! I would be thrilled to participate! As I �m a private teacher I don �t have a full class to ask to butnI can surely send you a postcard myself and answer your questions. I also have a student (13 years old) who might be interested. I �ll send you an email asap, ok! ciao

26 Mar 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

I �d love to! I have got a group of 24 twelve year students who are absolutely interested. [email protected]

26 Mar 2009     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

I`m sure my students would love that! They`re all adults and in a starting level!
Unfortunately I`m unable right now to send you an e-mail which I`ll be accessing just tomorrow. My address is [email protected].

26 Mar 2009     

fleur
Malta

This postcard exchange idea is great.
My kids are only six years old but this
is their second year learning english as
we start very early being a two language
country.
If you are interested to learn about Malta
a tiny island in the Mediterranean let me know.
I have 20 willing kids to send a postcard each
from time to time.  Eventually they would be more
excited to receive one from abroad as most probably
this would be their very first time.
thanks

26 Mar 2009     

nadin235
Russian Federation

Hello!

We would be very pleased to have pan pals with you. My students are from 13 to 16 years old . They would like to have practice in English and to share our ideas .

26 Mar 2009     

wingyourdreams
Vietnam

Hi there!

I �m an amateur teacher in Vietnam. I �m going to return to Hanoi (the Capital of Vietnam) in May and resume my classes. If possible, I would like to keep in touch with all of you, too as I may arrange some of best students for the exchange of ideas and other information through emails and post! My students in English classes are teenagers and adults. And their levels may range from Pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate. My email address is: [email protected].

Best regards,

Trung Kien

26 Mar 2009     

teacherlupe
Spain

Hello Erin,

My students are 9 and 10 years old,  They like to send postcards and letters to your students or other students from other countries. It is a great idea because the students can see that English is usefull to have friends from other countries.

Best regards,

Guadalupe

26 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >