Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Jobs advertisements    

Jobs advertisements

morganalin
Portugal

Jobs advertisements

Hi colleagues, how do you do?

I need your help once again...
My students are going to do a Curriculum Vitae and an Application Letter. I need to find out job ads advertised in newspapers so that they can do the application letter... Where can I find them? There �s a lot of information on the web but I need jobs ads published in newspapers so that they can name them. For instance:  

Dear Mr. Gilhooley,

I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union.

I don �t want to buy the English newspapers in a stall because they �re expensive and because I need more than one...

Can you help me?
Thanks a lot
Morganalin

26 Mar 2009      

paula_esl
Portugal

Hi there!

I read your message in the forum. I don �t know if it is of any help but you can check this printable. I used it in class and was very useful for the students.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=191147#thetop

26 Mar 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I think you can go to a newspaper, for ex. The LA Times, go to their classifieds and find one.
Its link is www.latimes.com/classified/jobs/

26 Mar 2009     

degofe
Portugal

Hi Morganalin!

Our Portuguese newspaper "Expresso" (published on Saturdays) usually has job ads written in English. You will find them in "ofertas de emprego".This weekend, if it �s not too late, visit your local newsagent...

Visit also "IEFP" Portuguese site and check section EURES (european job offers).

Bye...

26 Mar 2009     

degofe
Portugal

I have a few ads I used last year. If you don �t find any, I can scan mine and send them to your e-mail.

26 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Some links for you.

27 Mar 2009