Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Complaint.    

Complaint.

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi Barbara,
I agree with you but in my opinion it would have been more suitable to send her a private message. Imlety �s work is usually very good and she probably made a mistake.
Have a great day,
Regards from Jerusalem
Aimee

28 Mar 2009     

genzianella
Italy

I agree with people telling you that you should have been more sensitive and send her a message rather than criticize her on the forum. Besides, when she wrote "please read it carefully before presenting it to your class" I think she meant that since the ws was on a very sensitive issue (=religion) you might want to double-check it before taking to class. for ex. my policy is never to bring ws about religion in class because they might offend someone. Besides, since a great share of my students are kids, I don �t know what religion their parents want them to be taught and it �s not up to me to decide what values/ideas impose on them. This is why I always steer clear of bringing up the topic of religion with students (though I am very fond of religious studies myself!). In a nutshell: I might be wrong but I think this was her idea: check the content carefully because it �s a sensitive issue we are discussing here!

28 Mar 2009     

douglas
United States

This should not have been a forum topic.  It should have been handled via PM.  We are not in the business of crucifying our contributors to this site (especially one that has contributed so much).  Public criticism breeds bad blood.

Please handle it differently next time.

Douglas

28 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2