Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > using animated films    

using animated films

jamiejules
France

using animated films

hello everyone,
I recently worked on the Second World War with my 16 year old students who are not the sharpest tools in the box if you know what I meanLOL!! So we worked on bits of Porco Rosso and I made a ws on Miyazaki to help them out with biographies... it worked really well but now I would like to use this opening in their blurry brains to do more with animated films that tackle historical events!
Any ideas??
thanks in advance

28 Mar 2009      

chibini
French Polynesia

Hi!
I don �t know if it can help but you can study the Second World War with two famous movies : Pearl Habour and Saving private Ryan ( with Tom Hanks). I have already  tried it with one class and my students  were quite interested.

28 Mar 2009     

jamiejules
France

thanks chibini but what I really want are animated films.(about any historical event in the twentieth century)

28 Mar 2009     

a isabel
Portugal

I have an interesting ppt with sound showing the countries being invaded by the troops.
Perhaps your pupils would enjoy. If you e-mail me I can send it to you
AIsabel  ([email protected])

28 Mar 2009     

teacherlupe
Spain

Hello,

If you give me your email I can send you an email with a map of Europe that shows step by step the second world war. If you are interested I can send you.

Guadalupe

28 Mar 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

Hmm, how about �Valiant �: it �s a cartoon about worldwar II... but I guess this wouldn �t be appropriate Tongue.
Have you tried �you tube �? I �ve seen some war animation film there. Unfortunately my internet connection is not very good so I couldn �t really check them out.  Sorry.

28 Mar 2009