Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Postcard Exchange    

Postcard Exchange

ehelland33
United States

Postcard Exchange

Hello fellow teachers,

This is a follow-up to a message I posted last week.  I have gotten a great response from teachers and am wondering if any other teachers would like to participate in the postcard exchange. 

The main purpose of this exchange is to teach each other about the countries and cities where we live.  This is a one-time exchange with another school and not like a penpal exchange.  Students are only writing about their schools, cities, and countries so students of a variety of ages can participate.  I know personally my students are excited that so many people in other countries are also learning English!  They have really gotten into looking at maps to see all the different places their postcards will be going. 

I have started compiling a list of schools and addresses of people who have indicated their interest in exchanging postcards and letters with other schools in addition to my school.  If you would like to send and receive postcards/letters from other parts of the world too please send me an e-mail to [email protected] or an instant message through this site.  I will e-mail a list of all interested schools at the end of the week so you will know who to send postcards to.

I think this is a great way for our students to learn something about different places around the world in addition to getting some practical English writing practice. 

Thanks again for all you do!  I really enjoy learning from all of you :-) 

Erin

31 Mar 2009      

ignis.fatuus
Poland

yey! can �t wait! greetings from poland!

31 Mar 2009     

eglantine
Turkey

I will offer my Sts exchanging postcards with other Sts I �m sure they will be interested
That �s a good idea and great job making Sts interacted with each other they will learn lots of things in that way Thanks for your effort

31 Mar 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

I am totally sure my sts will love an opportunity like this. I work in a rural area in my country and my sts are really poor and they have not had the chance to see what is beyond our borders, dear friend contact me and I can tell that is gonna be great!!!
thnx a  lot !!!

31 Mar 2009