Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Leather..    

Leather..

yetigumboots
Germany

Leather..

Hi Guys, Sorry it�s me again asking for help. The problem is I have so many things all going on at the same time that when I spend hours on the computer looking for material.... well I just don�t have enough hours in the day.
I have to do a workshop on �leather� with kids. (Hey, I don�t choose the subjectsConfused) Does anyone have a simple worksheet on this subject or some kind of crafty thing?? So far I am doing a small piece on indians and how they made clothes and stuff out of leather and then making a small leather pouch with the kids. I have two and a half hours to fill - and the kids have to be kept interested in that time- so that is not much. Would love any ideas!!!!!  Thanks again for all your help.   Love Yeti in a flap!! he he

9 Oct 2008      

Zora
Canada

Hey yeti!

If you give me an idea of what you want or need, (types of leather, and/or age group of students, etc... ) I could make you up a worksheet, if you like. I like doing up worksheets and if you give me an e-mail, I could send it to you tonight or tomorrow morning. 

9 Oct 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Hi Zora, Thanks for your quick answer.. To be honest I am not really sure what I am looking for.  The kids will  range between 6-10 so I can�t do much writing with them. Maybe something which shows different things made out of leather. I am also looking for some kind of activity, game or anything really to keep them interested in the subject. My mind is a blank this week (has been busy. he he) Do you have any ideas?
Thanks alot for taking the time to reply.

Yeti xx

9 Oct 2008     

Zora
Canada

Okay, let�s see what I can make up for you... maybe a word match up and crossword with pictures?? And how about an "eye spy with my little eye?" game. You could place objects around the classroom that could or are made of leather??

9 Oct 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thats a good idea.. thought about instuments.. Drums and tamborines (are they made of skins or leather??) he he.  Its not easy with young children and a subject like that.  Thanks again. xx

9 Oct 2008     

Zora
Canada

Okay, let�s see what I can make up for you... maybe a word match up and crossword with pictures?? And how about an "eye spy with my little eye?" game. You could place objects around the classroom that could or are made of leather??

Send me an email and I will send what I have made up so far...

9 Oct 2008     

Zora
Canada

The instruments are made of leather... I have an old eskimo drum and it�s made of leather...

BTW - I upload 4 worksheets on the site for you tomorrow since I am going home now and won�t be on again til tomorrow. (I�m in Spain so I think I�m in the same time zone as you... ) Anyhow, let me know if you want more stuff... today it was a fast thing... but I can do better! LOL

9 Oct 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

my email is [email protected] if you could send me them per email that would be great. I have not got much time today to look through all the worksheets. Thanks again for all your help. Yeti xx

10 Oct 2008