Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any suggestions???    

Any suggestions???

rosammd
Spain

Any suggestions???

Hello friends
Do any of you know any game or a motivating way TO INTRODUCE weather vocabulary to 10 year-old children???
All games that come to my mind and those I have already seen are for practising but not for introducing. It would be kind of you if you suggest me some ways of doing it.

Thanks in advance

1 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

Flashcards of weather, clothing, accessories and seasons -mixed up on the board.  Choose a season and ask the kids to select the correct weather, clothing and accessories for that season.

Then give them the vocabulary.

1 Apr 2009     

poleta
Spain

Have a look at this I use it with young learners and it works... http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=125597#thetop
Here are also some interesting power point  about this subject.

1 Apr 2009     

poleta
Spain

Have you this in today�s printables is a nice game (three in a row) about the weather�

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=206917#thetop

1 Apr 2009     

hain
Austria

I write several cards - one with the word, one with a picture one with the phonem on cards (you will find it in dict.cc for example ) we do rounds of chinese whisper - I whisper the word in my right hands ear and give her/him the card, then the next one,.... the last one in the round says it loud - if its correct, the picture card gets put in the centre and the word card goes round, I make shure I pass a lot of cards round at the same time (just after each other) since everybody is whispering, thats ok; if the word is wrong or pronounced wrong, it does the round again and again and again...
the last card you pass round is the phonem card; the kids really enjoy that, and by the end, everybody has said every word many times... so its quite good.
after that, I allow them to sort the cards or to play memory with them, or you let them copy the words as a running dictation into your exercise book and let them copy the pictures, - they love that....
I hope I could help

1 Apr 2009     

rosammd
Spain

Thank you to eng789, poleta and hain for your suggestions, they are quite good.
Thanks also for your time.
What a wondeful site!! I should have found eslprintables before, not only for the worksheets, but for the people who is always ready to help you.
Thank you very very much!!!!

1 Apr 2009