Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > GAMES NEEDED, PLEASE HELP!!!    

GAMES NEEDED, PLEASE HELP!!!

exiliser
Turkey

GAMES NEEDED, PLEASE HELP!!!

How can I find games to teach and practice �can � for ability.
I tried to find on the internet but what I found is not enough, so I need some help.
Thank u for contributions.

8 Apr 2009      

PaoT
Guatemala

1.  Tell students to draw a picture of their superhero and write down the things he can and can �t do.  When students have finished, have them present it to other groups or to the rest of the class.

2.  Have students get in small circles and encourage them to choose a movie star or another famous person.  Tell them to describe the person, mentioning his/her talents and capacity, without mentioning the name. Encourage the other students to try to guess who they are talking about.

3.  Have students get into a small group.  Tell them to choose a product they would like to promote.  Have them make a commercial for that product mentioning its qualities and the things you can do with it.  After listening to all the commercials, have them vote for the one they liked the best, which of course can �t be their own.

Hope this ideas are useful...Smile

8 Apr 2009     

blessed trinity
Turkey

dear exiliser, u can just download a pdf "games for grammar practice" from that link...

http://rapidshare.com/files/143829662/Games_for_Grammar_Practice.rar

and pls check pg: 60 for "can for ability" game....

8 Apr 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Hi there, In english tips you can find many games, and books about games in the ESL classroom.

www.englishtips.org

Regards,

Alel�.

8 Apr 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Hi there, In english tips you can find many games, and books about games in the ESL classroom.

www.englishtips.org

Regards,

Alel�.

8 Apr 2009     

denipinheiro
Brazil

Blessed Trinity,

this link didn �t work...

8 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, exiliser
you can go to   www.mes-english.com

or, better, faster and easier, go to
http://www.toolsforeducators.com/boardgames/

both sites are from Mark, you have in the first link, lots of flashcards, games,.... etc....

in the second link you can use all the stuff from Mes-english and make your own games, and many other stuff. My kids usually go there and they make their own handouts, and I just PRETEND i check them, because it is difficult to get them with mistakes.
Hope this can help.
olinda

8 Apr 2009     

blessed trinity
Turkey

I �m so sorry  for the late post reply and for the broken link... I again uploaded "games for grammar practice".... enjoy urself, here is the link....

http://rapidshare.com/files/230322980/Games_for_Grammar_Practice.rar.html

7 May 2009