Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I m Scared......    

I m Scared......

Miss J.Sabir
Saudi Arabia

I m Scared......

Dear Friends,
                 I need your help for solving my confusion....I had made lots of certificates for my school kids.I want to share those certificates with you all but I m scare to upload them.....bcoz I m always blamed that my uploads are stolen although they r not.....So,plz help me should upload them or not?....waiting for your reply friends....
                                              Thank you...
                                                          Miss J Sabir
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF U......

11 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

If they aren �t stolen then you have nothing to worry about.

11 Apr 2009     

Jayho
Australia

You need to think about where you got your material from:

- If it was from another website do you have that owner �s permission to upload it to another website?

- If it was from a  book what does the copyright statement say?

- If you designed everything from scratch yourself using your own software then all is well - go ahead

So the questions you need to ask yourself are:
Where is the frame from?
where are thepictures/clipart from?

If you are in doubt then leave it out.

12 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

The most important things to consider are:

- Are the images, borders, certificates being used in a way where �fair use � applies. Essentially �fair use � means that you can �t use a picture (or other resource) in a way that the original owner makes their living from (e.g. MES English is a business that is directly marketing to ESL as their business - so you cannot use their materials without their permission. Microsoft, however, do not have a direct business interest in ESL teaching so you can use their clipart without any problem). �Fair use � applies to materials that are used for education & are distributed freely for personal use.

- Do your certificates meet the guidelines for a valid upload? Remember, they must be your own creations and have some defined way of using them as an ESL resource (please read all of this thread)

Cheers,
AB

12 Apr 2009