Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Grouping Students    

Grouping Students

mizrette1
Belgium

Grouping Students

Here again ! LOL

I �ve got another question. How do you form groups?
I often find it difficult!
Students with the same level? How? Where?
Can you give me some advice, ideas?
Thanks!

14 Apr 2009      

class centre
Belarus

If it �s up to you to group your sts, do it by level, of course! I do pay attention at their age but the first thing is their level. I even have an adult st sitting together with the little ones ( 7-8 year olds) and having fun with us. My system allows me to work individually with each st ( see my avatar). But when we play and talk they have to be of the same level.
Good luck!

14 Apr 2009     

joebcn
Andorra

I created a set of cards with cartoon characters to group students. They may be helpful.
Wink
Joe

14 Apr 2009     

brookee
United States

Hi Mizrette---

What do I do?  I change my students seats on the 1st of every month.

Why?  Because I found that no matter how I do groupings...high with low...outgoing with quiet...2 Ss of equal ability...it can get stale after many class sessions.

So, every month, my Ss get a new seat, a new partner and a new perspective.  In terms of class managment, I really like this system.

I �m not sure if this idea is appealing to you, but good luck regardless. ---Brooke

14 Apr 2009