Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas of funny activities!    

Ideas of funny activities!

mizrette1
Belgium

Ideas of funny activities!

I had a problem with my first topic. Here it is:

Hi everybody!

Hope you had a great Easter with a great weather! LOL

I need again, once again!

I am an English teacher. I give lessons to kids from 8 to 10. There are optional lessons so the kids decide to come and attend the lessons. It´s not an obligation for them.

They really enjoy the lessons. I try to make them funny and active.

By the end of June, there´s a little "party" where parents and family are invited. During this ceremony, films are shown to parents so that they can see what their kids are now able to do in English. (it´s only their 2nd year of English)

As a teacher, I have to involve my students in an activity and film them during 10minutes.

I would like to create something great. Their level of English is not so high, so the activity mustn´t be too complicated.

Examples of possible activities: a song, play a short game, a role play, ...

I need you! Do you have some great ideas of activities? I don´t know what to do!

Thanks!!!

Xxx

14 Apr 2009      

Snow- white
Macedonia

Use a song which deals with body movement(If you �re happy...)or a themed song abot animals so the kids can dress up AND do the actions.Have fun.

14 Apr 2009     

skudjova
Bulgaria

The idea is great. I think that the children will be happy to perform some theater or poetry plays. Here you can find something interesting.Hope it �s useful!

http://www.readerstheatre.ecsd.net/collection.htm
http://www.gigglepoetry.com/poetrytheater.aspx

14 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

In my mother �s school her fellow teacher has done a great play. I don �t have the script but the idea was the following:
We have a children �s story here in Russia about a fly that was going through a field and found a coin. She met some other insects and creatures and told all of them that she was going to the market to buy a tea-pot(actually it was a samovar - a thing which has a tube to put fir cones in and burn them so that to heat and to keep water or tea hot)
Then she comes to the market and buys it and invites everybody to have tea.
What is great about the idea that you can give each student some words like:
Hi
How are you?
I �m fine, thank you. Where do you go?
See you soon.
Thank you, I will come.
Thank you for the tasty tea.

And also all of the children can get dressed as spiders, ants, mice, butterflies etc. and have fun drinking tea. You may give different phrases to different students so that they know a lot of phrases but the Fly herself can speak one and the same phrases to all the creatures.
The situation gives a lot of opportunities to make it funny, I think your children will invent them themselves!
Have fun! And don´t forget buzzing and other noises for the creatures!

14 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

By the way if this is too hard you may make a board game. The tasks should involve jumping, singing, turning around, going around the table(a boy, a girl), pronouncing tongue-twisters, crying their name 3, 4, 5 times etc.
Like this:
StartJump 3 timesTell about yourself in EnglishDance
Go back 1 spaceRead a tongue-twisterFind something black in the classFinish

It will be great fun and quite spectacular especially if your children know several short poems and tongue-twisters!
Have fun!

14 Apr 2009