Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > POINTS    

gilorit
Israel

Hi  everyone

I have a simple question:

Some of the the contributions I sent a long time ago, which contained frames, were deleted. I am not complaining about that (I have already done that Wink...), but I wonder why did you also deleted the points I got from them?:

I know these were not esl materials, but they were teacher �s helpers according to the number of good members who chose to download them... (A LOT)
I think you should have made them free to the use of anybody who needed them..
I did not steal them , I do not need extra points for them but I think you shouldn �t have deleted the points I already got from them (about 400 points..)

I wish I had lost weight as fast as I had lost those points...
Orit;-)

15 Apr 2009      

johanne23232
Israel

Hi Orit,
 I really agree with you as I have enjoyed, in the past,  the frames etc which I downloaded from wonderful teachers here. To me they were so useful and I appreciated them a lot, I knew what I was getting and was willing to �pay � with a point deducted from my total... so I feel badly for teachers who now have lost points �retroactively � and yet I can still enjoy the fruit of their work.  I wish the new system would hold true for new submissions only.Approve
This is such an amazing site, I hope the feeling of sharing and good will can continue for many years to come!
Johanne

15 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Well frames and backgrounds are very useful and I agree with you on that.
However if you search in the bookmarks you can find some interesting sites where you can download some of them.

15 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

I really agree with you here. In fact, I was just talking to another member privately and we were saying that it wasn �t quite fair that old members are being "punished" in way for something that was allowed a year or two ago but is now considered against the rules.

I think that it would be really wonderful if those members could keep their points even though their worksheets are removed.

Hugs

Linda Smile

15 Apr 2009     

mandm
Spain

I also agree with all of you. I �ve also lost a lot of points because this worksheet was removed http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=198986&tipo=printables. Although it was downloaded so many times and lot of users considered it as useful for ELT, it has been removed from the site. ELT is not just grammar and other stuff like that. Maybe those who teach very young learners will understand that. Thanks

15 Apr 2009     

missundaztood_74
Spain

i really agree with you all, so let �s see what happens.

and mandm i understand you perfectly because i also teach kindergarten students and i usually download coloring pages and images that im not able to find on the net, also here the search is much quicker, and that are really useful for me but i think they are going to dissapear so i don �t know what i �m going to do...

poor us, the kindergarten teachers because the material we  need doesn �t have written words or grammar exercises Unhappy

15 Apr 2009     

chorima
Spain

Why don�t you send a message to Victor? it is unfair to be punished for something you had done when that was allowed. The new rules should apply from now on.....not retrospectively.
Regards

15 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Gil
You know my opinion about this, I am really sorry for all this trouble around here.
HugsHug

15 Apr 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Thank you my friends
I am willing to send those frames to anyone who wants them ;-)
Orit

15 Apr 2009