Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > labour day    

labour day

Damielle
Argentina

labour day

So... I had to change the heading!!!!

I was about to ask about this celebration when I saw zailda�s post saying that tomorrow is labour �s day in Brazil. We celebrate it on May 1st. When do you celebrate it?

21 Apr 2009      

ana m
Spain

Hi Damielle
we also celebrate this day on the first of may and I thought it was a worldwide custom but now I see I was wrong.

GOOD NIGHT AND HAVE NICE DREAMS

21 Apr 2009     

Giselle_Br
Brazil

Here in Brazil we also celebrate it on May 1st.

Tomorrow we celebrate TIRADENTES, that was a very important man. He was involved in a revolution to free Brazil from Portugal �s rules. But he was murdered because of it.....

Maybe Zailda was confused because we had so many holiday in April.... we got confused! lol

I understand you Zailda!!!!

21 Apr 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

LABOR DAY in BRAZIL is 1st MAY...tomorrow April 21st  is TIRADENTES DAY holiday.. a brave man who was decapited for his opinions and fight against violence..he was murdered and cut in pieces and showed on the streets to serve the example for others that were going in the same way..against the opression..

21 Apr 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

In Canada, it �s always the first Monday of September

21 Apr 2009