Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Labour Day!!!!    

Labour Day!!!!

Nebal
Lebanon

Labour Day!!!!

Hi eveyone,
I would like to post Damielle �s topic again in the forum to find out more about Labor day in your countries. It �s an annual holiday that the whole world celebrate.

Labour Day 
So... I had to change the heading!!!!

I was about to ask about this celebration when I saw zailda�s post saying that tomorrow is labour �s day in Brazil. We celebrate it on May 1st. When do you celebrate it?

21 Apr 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

It �s celebrated on May 1, and is popularly known as May Day and International Worker �s Day.  It resulted from the labour union movement, to celebrate the economic and social achievements of workers.

The celebration of Labour Day has its origins in the eight-hour movement, which advocated eight hours for work, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest.

Best wishes,

Nebal

21 Apr 2009     

Ajdol
Poland

In Poland we also celebrate it onMay 1st, it is called "święto pracy" in our language.

21 Apr 2009     

source
Turkey

In Turkey , it is also celebrated on May 1st , before it was not national holiday but from now on it will be...

21 Apr 2009     

mariamit
Greece

In Greece it is also celebrated on May 1st. It is also considered a national holiday although formally it is a national strike but we get paid for it. On this day we have many traditions. The most common one is that we celebrate this day outdoors. We also make a flower wreath and we hang it on our doors  or put in on the windshield of our cars. There are many other traditions and some vary from place to place - like the maypole, but basically it is a celebration of rebirth.

21 Apr 2009     

chorima
Spain

In Spain, it is also celebrated on May 1st. It �s national holiday and most Trade Unions go on a demonstration.

21 Apr 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

In Macedonia ,it is also celebrated on 1st of May and it is a national holiday.We don �t go to work on this day.

21 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

In Portugal "Dia do Trabalhador" , Labour �s day is also celebrated on May 1st and it is a National holiday. :))

21 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

May 1st - although today it isn �t really considered a National Holiday anymore.  Some people still refuse to work on that day.  This year it is on Saturday so no school anyway. 

By the way,  isn �t this topic also political????Wacko

21 Apr 2009