Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Advice needed    

Advice needed

Makigi
Croatia

Advice needed

dear friends

I need your advice

a member here has used my own illustrations to create her ws without asking me first.

now, I don �t want to nag but I spent too much time drawing and making original wss for somenone to use my work (without even asking)

I don �t like when people use other people �s work, written or not.

what do you think?

makigi

21 Apr 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Makigi, i do not think it is a matter of what we think. If you minded the member taking your own illustrations, you should have sent a PM to the person and asked her/him not to do it again. Maybe the person is new to the site and just doesn �t know how things operate here. Smile (Though the person just needed good manners in this case.) Wink

21 Apr 2009     

Makigi
Croatia

thnx Ivona for your reply, I did PM her, just wanted to know what you think.

:o)

21 Apr 2009     

marylin
Germany

The same happened to me! I even wrote in the text that I drew the pictures myself, but although someone took the pictures for another useless ws. Of course I told the person.
But the worst thing of all: Someone else copied one of my worksheets on another teachers � website (it was online since April last year) and uploaded it here in December 2008 as hers! And guess what the reaction was: My own upload on esl was removed and they told me mine is a copy! Ridiculous, isn �t it!? With my own drawings that really took me ages to draw! I know what you are talking about! So you see it doesn �t really help if you are upset, you can �t do anything against this. I �ve written to different people to explain the situation, but nobody believes me. So!? Not very nice indeed! Best wishes, marylin

21 Apr 2009     

Makigi
Croatia

wow marylin,

I �m so sorry this happened to u

it �s really awful!!

anyway thnx for your reply, I think I should stop uploading my work.

I guess this is the only way to stop this kind of things happening.

(btw, I like ur wss :))

21 Apr 2009     

P.Hunt
Italy

Makigi, I wouldn �t let it upset you so much. People are always going to copy other people �s work. That �s what the web was invented for. LOL The best advice is to not spend too much time pouring your artistic talents into your worksheets for the sole purpose of uploading them here. If you want to do it for your students, that �s one thing, but if you �re worried that others might steal your images, just take them out of your worsheets on this site and replace them with library images/royalty free images. That will avoid alot of heart ache.
Another way to look at it is that the more people copy your images, the more they circulate on the web, the more people see your images. You don �t receive anything more in return than personal gratification from the knowledge that you spawned that image.
Hope this helps.

21 Apr 2009     

Makigi
Croatia

well the thing is I always illustrate my ws for students and then I upload them here. Mostly, because I like sharing with youSmile, and I feel obliged, coz I alway find many useful wss.Thumbs Up Now, I don �t really care about the points coz I have more than enough, but what minds me is that people tend to use other people �s work without even asking. and that �s why I have come to conclusion not to send my own illustrations.

And I �m not that upsetTongue, as I may "sound" , just really sad because some people don �t respect other people �s effort.

thnx for your reply P., have a nice day�Hug

21 Apr 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Makigi, after reading your post here I had a look at your wss. WOW!!! I really envy your creativity and while I �m sorry you �re upset, I �m glad this happened because you �ve gained a fan here. Feel flattered that people take your work, although as Ivona said, good manners are lacking here. A big hugHug from an Irish teacher living in Spain. My kiddies are going to go wild about your wss. Keep up the good work. Rosemary

21 Apr 2009     

Daiane
Brazil

Hello everybody!

I �m so ashmed about what happened. It �s not my intention.... When I was doing the ws, I put it in others illustrations by internet, so I didn �t remember that one by Makigi. Because I �ve saved in my computer before.

I can imagine how she was upset when she saw, but I never had this intention! I also work hard to do my ws and I also don �t want that it happens to me...

Now, I �ll pay attention about everything I use in my ws and when I want for sth by anybody, I �ll ask his/her permission before.

The most important thing is see where we made a mistake and correct it, ok?

Thank you so much Magiki for your permission to use your gret illustrations in my ws! I put your name on it.

Hugs from Brazil.

Goo evening.

21 Apr 2009     

Makigi
Croatia

glad we have solved the problem�LOL

thnx everyone

big hug

Hug

makigi

21 Apr 2009