Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > new quote search - who said it?    

new quote search - who said it?

Vickiii
New Zealand

new quote search - who said it?

So many people seemed to participate in the quote games - couldn �t resist putting this one in:

Who said the following three quotes:

Art is never finished, only abandoned.

Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory.

All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.

22 Apr 2009      

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Vickii:

I know Da Vinci quoted the first one, and I guess he must have quoted the second and third one if the same person quoted the three.

22 Apr 2009     

allakoalla
Latvia

Hi Vickii
I am afraid that I cannot answer your question, but I have thought that it could be a graet idea to exchange quotes on the forum. You see in my country Latvia they are used for oral exams for students. A student is given a quote and he or she has to express his or her opinion.
Here is another one: Education is what remains when we have forgotten all we have been taught.

22 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

nice one giovanni - absolutely correct! - and I think that alakoalla is referring to GEorge Saville.

How about this one:

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind."

22 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Here �s a new one for everybody to take a stab at:

When we do the best we can, we never know what miracles await.

22 Apr 2009