Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Dear teachers... HELP!!! (classroom manage)    

Dear teachers... HELP!!! (classroom manage)

eng789
Israel

Dear Ivona - join one of my classes and see for yourself.  By the way my lessons are never boring so they really aren �t suffering. 

Maybe you mean that in YOUR CLASSES it doesn �t/won �t work.  (BTW - Your smilies don �t soften the blow when you criticize someone.)  

24 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Oh gz Barbara! I did not mean for a SECOND that your classes were boring!
Ahhhhh, just try to interpret it as a joke as it was MEANT to be.
I can �t believe YOU of all people could not see through it!

24 Apr 2009     

maggiejeria
Chile

I have the same problem that Ivona has! I really have big problems with my students, They don�t listen to me. they don�t like English, they don�t like to study in general..... I am depressed with a doctor licence at home in this moment, resting because they are very, very difficult.
I think there are some kink of students that are wrong and think to go toschool is for diversion only....
Now I�m trying to look foranother kind of School, where the students were been selected before, because I work in a public school and they receive all kind of children that have really bad problems.

24 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ok, lots of misinterpretation going on here. I think i will refrain from posting from now on because i �m constantly misunderstood to be bitchy and grumpy and disrespectful, while i�m just being playful.  I don �t know where the sense of humour has gone from here. Everyone taking every direct word as a direct threat/attack on their egos. Are we that vain?? (Just in case Barbara thinks i am referring to her by using 3rd person plural, i �m NOT.) Wink

Anyway, to reply to maggiejeria �s post. I do not have any problems with my students. Even those �so what? � kids play by the rules in the end. I make sure i involve them a 100 per cent - all of them. This is called "active learning" - making sure you have as many students as possible learning at the same time. It rarely happens that they are disruptive, because they don �t have the time to. When it happens that one of them breaks a rule, I usually make them stay after classes for a remedial (which they hate), or have them seated closer to me, or give them sth to be responsible for (for collecting my flash cards, for cleaning the board, etc.) The unruly children are hyper-active and they simply need physical movement.

I suggest that you read this discussion:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5873
If it �s possible, try to find the BBC programme called "Teen Angels" and "Little Angels". I have it on DVDs and have held a few presentations for my fellow colleagues as well as parents, and they thought it was of great value for them.

24 Apr 2009     

miarish
Portugal

Dear teachers, I have to thank you for your tips and advices... And I �ll continue to be here to ear ALL your suggestions.
I �ll try to be creative and make my students interested in my classes but above all, interested in English
Thank you once again and I �m going to post in the future to let you know what �s happening in my classes...

Kisses and   Hug

Miarish

25 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2