Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Compressing images with Microsoft Word 2007    

Compressing images with Microsoft Word 2007

crnferreira
South Africa

Compressing images with Microsoft Word 2007

Hi all,
I read the tutorials on how to reduce worksheet size by compressing the images in the worksheets. My problem is that this does not seem to be an option when using Word 2007. Can anyone please assist?

26 Apr 2009      

source
Turkey

Actually I can not reduce my ws size by compressing images. But I use NXPOWERLITE and it is fantastic but unfortunately it is just a trial for 10 usage :( Are there anyone who has the full version?

26 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

In Word 2007 you just have to right click on an image and select options, then size and when you have it on screen you select compress all document images on screen or web. If even though, your images are larger than that, you can edit them with paint and save them on PDF files before compressing them with Word. I do it but sometimes I have to include worksheets in two document because even doing so I exceed the limits.

26 Apr 2009     

crnferreira
South Africa

Thanks ssrl10, tried it and it worked! Thumbs Up

26 Apr 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Sometimes a Worksheet becomes really "heavy" with stuff you can �t see.
I often open a whole new blank sheet and copy and paste into the new worksheet and suddenly it is a lot "lighter".
L

26 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I used to have the same problem and several wss I prepared I was only able to use with my students since they were much heavier than the site limit. Now I have no problems at all and most of them are under 300 kb.

First I download all the pics I want to use and organize in one folder. Then I open Irfanview (it �s free!) and cut parts I don �t need & reduce one by one to the size I �ll use in the document.

After fixing all of them into the document, I select one and go to the option: compress > compress all the pictures > web format. And I �m done! I use all my wss with my students, the pics look weel after printing.

26 Apr 2009