Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > IDEAS- CLASSROOM DECORATIONS    

IDEAS- CLASSROOM DECORATIONS

nkappa
Greece

IDEAS- CLASSROOM DECORATIONS

DEAR COLLEGUES,

I own a language school in my country (Greece) and it �s my first year.

I had an idea on how to decorate my school walls so, I thought to make some paintings on the walls.

Have you got any ideas on what these paintings would depict?

I will have other teachers who will teach French, Italian and German. So I thought to paint some monuments from each country.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

27 Apr 2009      

monaga2005
France

Hello, I think you can paint 5 continents, with lights and differents colors. Thanks.

27 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

When you say lights, you mean real lights????

27 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Nice idea! What about children walking from one continent to another holding hands?.  You could also draw monuments from the countries which languages you are going to teach. You could use those little lights which decorate xmas trees lighting the monuments:)

27 Apr 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

maybe he meant how the continents look when it �s night in this or that part of the world...If you will have a room for young learners, you could draw a big tree (which you will probably use for a lot of activities),  a house, flowers, animals, birds, sky, sun, moon, stars and so on and so forth. Instead of painting the walls you could put on large posters depicting different things connected with this or that country. Good luck!!Smile

27 Apr 2009     

Isabel Oliveira
Portugal

I think you shoul also paint the flags of each country... leave some space to students work... they love it.

You could also at the end of the year show all students work for their parents... This one motivating student to improve their works...

27 Apr 2009     

helena2009
Hungary

I have just sent a PM!

27 Apr 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

to Ivona: WOW, the walls in your classroom look AMAZING!!! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpClap With such walls your Ss will find inspiration quickly!! Cool

27 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Just make sure you leave enough space for the students � work! Smile
I painted those clouds (see my avatar) on one of the walls in my classroom and the wall looks lovely (it�s as if the children were outside, not within the confining walls), but now when i want to put sth on it, i can�t. It mars the composition. And i have to resort to the one opposite. And there�s so much to be put!
So, leave space for the children�s creations.
After all, they�re the greatest artists of all!
Hug

EDIT: Helena2009, i want a PM too! Cry

27 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Thank You very much teachers for your ideas!!!!!!!! You �ve been really useful!

I �m waiting for more!

27 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I would suggest the painting create like a framework that you can post childrens work within.

I love the tree idea - I am currently creating a tree on the back of a curtain (painting) to use as a word tree where we place our high frequency words on leaf templates. 

what about some people and animals with speech bubbles - this way you can attach different words to the peoples mouths.

I would even look at using some sort of blackboard paint (green or black) in some parts so children can use chalk to create things on part of the wall.  for example if you use green chalkboard paint as the grass in a outdoor theme - the students can draw animals / buildings / etc on with chalk and add language.

maybe embellishments on the corners of the room - with stripes that separate the room into different parts.

have fun

27 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >