Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Literature    

Literature

Teacher Khalid
Jordan

Literature

Hi teacher
what do you recommend novels that a teacher should read? or any type of literature?

1 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Teacher Khalid! What age and level are you talking about?

mena

1 May 2009     

CanimCan
Turkey

Virginia Woolf-- if you really want to get lost in literature..

1 May 2009     

blessed trinity
Turkey

Hi teacher Khalid! mena22 is totally right... However if u can read any type of literature work, i can recommend you Lord of The Flies of William Golding (novel), The Crucible of Arthur Miller (drama), Animal Farm of George Orwell (novel) or Mansfield Park of Jane Austen (novel)...
If u r interested in poetry, u can read Robert Frost, Ted Hughes, W. Shakespeare, Frank O �Connor (devil, maggot and son), Thomas Hardy, Emily Dickinson and so on...
Hope those suggestions will be a help of u....

1 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

For 10 - 14 year olds I can highly recommend Paul Jennings.  He has a huge series of short stories that are funny and extremely well written.  Children of this age absolutely love having them read to them - and reading them. 

For students who are 8 - 11 I highly recommend Charlotte �s web, any single roald dahl book.

For students who are from 9 - 14 I highly recommend CS Lewis.

I don �t see any point in giving books to esl students - that native english students - GROAN OVER! 

For poems who can go past Ken NEsbitt!  he is hilarious - the kids love him - he is great for 8 - 12 year olds - just search on the net.

Hope this helps

Oh - if it is for the teachers personal enjoyment......  I love science fiction myself so probably aren �t much help for mainstreamers.

Good luck

1 May 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

http://www.englishraven.com/method_overview.html

1 May 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

are you talking about reading for your students in te classroom or extensive reading for yourself as a teacher ?

it differs I think ..

you are arabi right ?

EFL teachers or ESL teachers should keep reading stuff too

it �s like a practice to the language.

so what are you talking about here ?

4 May 2009