Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A question    

A question

allakoalla
Latvia

A question

Hi dear teachers!
Today I have seen that two of Vanda � s wss were uploaded by a new member. He or she has no points- 0. The wss of course were reported as stolen, but the question is: - How can a member with no points get any material from this site? Don � t we need at least two points to download 2 wss? Does it mean that a member of this site downloads the material using his or her "legal" account, them makes a "fake" account and uploads the stolen material? Then for what purpose?

1 May 2009      

isaserra
Portugal

Hi,

Maybe the member you are referring to has downloaded Vanda �s ws from her blog and afterwards he/she has uploaded it here...

1 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Maybe the person has done this sort of carry on before - received points - downloaded then been booted from the site.  REpeat offenders do have their accounts cancelled.

Alternatively they received the files from a friend who has an account.

Alternatively they made a worksheet that looks exactly like Vanda �s just by accidentLOL YEAH RIGHT!

good spotting - glad to see people are reporting!

1 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

The thing is that those members always have 0 points. They open an account and upload one of her worksheets. They are reported and disappear. it �s a cycle.

In my ipinion, and I �ve already said this before, someone has a fixation on her and opens a new, or several new accounts everyday. One of this person �s accounts has definitely more than 30 points for her/him to be able to download vanda �s worksheet or she/he might download from her blog, though I think the first option is more plausible.

As someone said yesterday, vanda �s work is really great, but why always her?  Sometimes, 3 or 4 in a single day and everyday! That �s why I think that "fixation" thing is possible. Lately, I don �t even write a comment, I just vote for it to be removed.

Have a nice day.
mena

1 May 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

hey guys you all are very wrong...VANDA51 has a FREE account on www.4shared.com and she uploaded there all her Worksheets FREE FOR EVERYONE... so the stolen ws are coming from there....she has a blog too where she post all the material FREE...so everyone has access to all of them. they do not need come here and get them..

1 May 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I noticed that in the preview page you can do a Save Image As and copy the little preview picture.  Can members make a worksheet this way (without the image being blurry when they enlarge it?)

Pinky

Later...Ok, perhaps don´t answer this here.  I don´t want to give people any ideas.  You can answer me privately if you want.  I was just wondering.

1 May 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Sorry for the weird letter A in there.  There must be something going on with my computer.

1 May 2009