Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Puzzle , Riddle >>>>>>>>>>>    

Puzzle , Riddle >>>>>>>>>>>

miss noor
Palestine

Puzzle , Riddle >>>>>>>>>>>

Hi,

please tell me
Puzzle, riddle and mystery have the same meaning ??????????????/

can we say mystery instead of riddle ??????

1 May 2009      

Lana.
Ireland

Hope this helps you:

1 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Lana, these links are not working.

1 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

A puzzle can be something that taxes our mind. A riddle is usually verbal or containing words.  A mystery is something that is unknown as to its origin or meaning. 

1 May 2009     

kmtr
United States

Puzzle, riddle and mystery all have similar meanings- something that you have to figure out, or that is confusing. Sometimes they can be used interchangeably. There are a few times when one word is more appropriate. Puzzle- a jigsaw puzzle-a big picture broken into little parts that you put back together again. Puzzle can also be a verb. "It puzzles me as to why my boyfriend broke up with me." Mystery- a genre of literature/movie where the detectives have to figure out who committed the crime. riddle- is used more specifically for a word game or conundrum (riddle also can be a verb, but then has a very different meaning of "to spread throughout") I hope this helps!

1 May 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Thank you all

1 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

See? I respect you.  I even helped.

1 May 2009