Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Time To Get Back Control Of This Site    

Time To Get Back Control Of This Site

ESL
United States

Time To Get Back Control Of This Site

It is a shame that this site has become such a bitter zone. There is so much arguing going on here since the conception of moderators. So many people have been hurt due to calling people thieves and assuming they are before they hear guilt or innocence, rudeness, and gaining up on others.

It is funny how the same group of moderators are always stirring up trouble, and not taking into factors of some of the worksheets that are coming up about completly innapropriate issues like rape, teen pregnancy, cloning, etc. that I have seen on this site. Are these appropriate ESL issues, I think not.

Neither is adding or subtraction, which some moderators have made worksheets on, that are not taken off the board. They are not esl related issues...what is the difference?

I think before you are ready to accuse, get the facts straight, and be fair. This is not just a complaint by one, but by many on this board.

It is so silly that if one person votes on removing a worksheet, and no one else looks at it, that is the 100% it takes to be removed.

Victor-take back control of your site..it has gotten way out of hand!

3 May 2009      

Anna P
Brazil

Oh, dear Miss ESL,

The moderators are not the ones stirring trouble!  We are the ones putting extra time to review the reported wss, we are the ones being called names such as Nazis or Sheriffs, we are the ones who are being accused of writing nasty comments (which only a few do).
If you could see the great number of empty ws (one person had about 23 - and we had to open them one by one to verify if they were indeed empty), copied material (again, they have to be verified one by one) or non ESL material you woul realise that it would be impossible for Victor to do this by himself.

If we want a better site, with useful and creative woksheets, we have to go through this critical period.

It would be wonderful if we could stop pointing fingers and use our creative energy to produce original worksheets.

3 May 2009     

selheld
United States

Yes, I agree, moderators are people who give  alot of their personal time to make sure the website remains the best, thank you and big HOOOORRRAAAAYYYY from me!!!!

3 May 2009     

angryparrot
United Kingdom

I think that cloning and teen pregnancy are useful issues to debate in class, although when focussed at mature students like the adults I teach. They are interested to hear of the cultural differences when it comes to these issues and we often have excellent discussions about the sub-issues that are raised.

3 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

You obviously have no idea about how voting works. ONE vote does not remove a worksheet.
Victor himself replied to your non stop complaining and here you are again.
When are you going to get the message that MANY people vote in fact anyone with over 1000 points. So for you to continue to go on and on about it means that you are not actually learning from your mistakes. Isn �t that what we teach our students, how to learn from their mistakes so that they can improve?

Victor has control of the site. The people complaining are complaining because they have had worksheets removed. Some of the most loudest people complaining are those that have been caught out by copying and pasting from websites and even other members worksheets!

I agree with angry parrot, those topics for older learners are a very good way of getting student to speak about their opinions and debate the issues.

many members have tried to help you, many members have tried to be nice to you.

Please stop complaining all the time. You don �t HAVE to be a member here if you hate it that much!!

3 May 2009     

ESL
United States

cheezels- I would really like to see some new worksheets from you...Yours have been below standard, but since I am not a moderator, I cannot comment on them in private.

3 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Your last comment is out of line. Does it make you feel better to add the last word on yet another complaining thread that you have left?

Feel free to report any of my worksheets that you think are below standards (in your opinion). Make any comment you wish on them. Are you going to be as nasty and petty like the comments you left on Ladybirds work?
You can see they have been downloaded by many people so I guess that some people like my worksheets. My last contribution was about a week ago so again your comment about me not contributing work is out of line.
I contribute in many ways to this site. I always help people when I can and when I moderate I am one who always leaves my name and tries to leave helpful and polite comments.
Why have I not contributed more? I will tell you even though it is none of your business. The classes I teach at the moment use the new headway books. My other classes have finished until next Autumn. So there is very little for me to add in the time I have. I could copy and steal work and post it here as my own... but I don �t. A lot of the materials I use I cannot say they are really mine even though I have adapted them from various sources... so I don �t post them here.

You really are a nasty piece of work. Abusing so many different members, complaining non stop even though Victor himself has responded via the forum. Are you going to report one of my worksheets next like you have for other members?

Please stop. Like I have said before if you don �t like it here no one if forcing you to be a member.
I don �t normally post like this. But I am fed up.

4 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

To miss ESL

What I don �t understand is why you are a member of this website. You hate it so much, you keep complaining , even Victor has told you, so I really don �t know what keeps you here.

And I don �t know, either, how dare you talk about cheezel �s work.
Have you seen yours?
I suggest you compare your ws to hers to see the difference.

Cheezels � work is great, many people have downloaded it.  She got lots of nice comments.
I think you are on this website just to make trouble.

I think the best we can do is to ignore your comments.

You just want to spoil the site but we won �t let you.

4 May 2009