Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please, let īs try to be polite.    

Please, let īs try to be polite.

demeter_mar
Uruguay

Please, let īs try to be polite.

I was yesterday spending a little of my time as a moderator, because I consider that Victor needs help since we are a lot in the website and he can īt cope with all. But I have seen some really disgusting and nasty comments from the moderators and from people whose works had been erased.

I only want to ask you to try to be a little more polite. I understand that might be really disgusting for some people to be called thiefs or something like that. in my opinion we can decide that a worksheet is not apropiate for this place but we are not allowed under no circunstances to insult or degrade a collegue. We are all teachers, so it is our obbligation to give the example.

Please try to be polite and explain in good terms why a printable is not adequate, and don īt write with capital letters since all undestand that, that person is shouting.
Thanks!!!   

3 May 2009      

ESL
United States

I am very curoius how moderates come up with the sites that they think people are copying from. Can you explain how they do this?

3 May 2009     

demeter_mar
Uruguay

Most of the times are well known `pages like mes-english or others from where we can download material, so when we see something from that pages we know that this material is not original.

3 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

To miss ESL,

When a worksheet is reported as copied from a web site (by people who have already seen it there), moderators have to check if it is a correct information before deciding whether to remove it or not. If the information cannot be verified we cannot vote to remove that ws. For example, lots of ws are reported as copied from a well-known Turkish site. I cannot understand the language and most of the times I do not find the ws - so I don īt vote.  It īs very demanding work, one we are doing for Victor and for this wonderful site.

Demeter Mar, Most comments I see are not rude although we do find some exceptions.

I would really like to see people who are not moderators yet (but will be as soon as they reach 1000 points) to understand that we are not having all this extra work for no other reason than removing empty, copied or non-esl materials.

3 May 2009