Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > foreign language teacher     

foreign language teacher

kkonopka27
United States

foreign language teacher

Hi-

I am a high school French teacher and many of the worksheets on this site would be very useful to my colleagues and I, however I can �t download them unless I post an ESL worksheet.  Is there any way to get around this??? Please help!!!

Thanks

4 May 2009      

handstand
Venezuela

That is how this site works.

4 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I know it seems frustrating at first, but this is a real sharing site. Just add a few illustrations to a short poem you teach in English and upload it. (Make certain that you give credit to the author.) My first handouts are really pitiful, but I �m working to get better.

Carla  Smile

4 May 2009     

ameliarator
United States

Carla �s idea is good, but I think the problem is that kkonopka27 doesn �t teach English. �

If you have made some French worksheets, games or flashcards I bet you could edit them to be used for ESL without too much work.

Good luck!

4 May 2009     

hekateros
Portugal

Good evening,

Ameliarator �s suggestion is very good. I do the same with my worksheets as I teach both English and Spanish. I change them around, do a little editing, make some necessary adaptations and that �s it! I have a new worksheet!
Some work is easy to alter, especially vocabulary worksheets, in which you don �t have to worry so much about structures and other major differences.

Good luck and we hope to see you back soon :)

4 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I teach English and most of my students are French.  Sometimes I do translations from French to English.  I would suggest that you take one of your French worksheets and translate it into English and add some clipart.  Look at what we have and try to make a good presentation.  Before you know it , you will have your 30 points.  It will be something you will not regret because you will have access to a multitude of worksheets as well as a community you can lean on when in need.

4 May 2009