Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help    

Help

eng789
Israel

Help

I need a "fun" ws that will occupy 11 year olds for at least 15 minutes while their friends finish writing a test.  It has to be quiet work. 
Please no wordsearches or crosswords.

Any ideas????????????

Thanks in advance. 

7 May 2009      

jamie_s
Thailand

Maybe this http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=218604#thetop if it �s too difficult for them the sheet comes with solutions so you can just fill some extra ones in for them.

7 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Actually I also uploaded some easy ones and I called them ALPHADUKO .

I had completely  forgotten about them.

It �s a possibility.

Thanks Jamie I downloaded yours as well.

I have to run - but please send me your ideas.  I�ll check the forum later.

Have a terrific day everyone.  Hugs

7 May 2009     

MartaZ
Poland

Hi, I also teach students at this age :)

What I sometimes do is I give them a sheet with all the letters of the alphabet printed vertically. Then i give them a topic (e.g. food, music, jobs, can be anything). They have to write one word related to the topic starting with every letter of the alphabet. They often rack their brains trying to think of the words. With students at lower levels I don �t give any topic - their vocabulary is not rich enough - I just ask them to think of any words.
They get really involved as they all want to finish first - competition does wonders. They love it.
Your students might enjoy it.
Good luck!

7 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Try using the letters from Mother �s Day  to make new words. Like: moth, say... etc.  My kids really love this game.  I call it "Find a Word".

7 May 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Hi Barbara!
What about fun sheet- collection on the ESL?

Have a nice day!!!!

7 May 2009     

teacher jessie
Argentina

You can write some of the letters of the alphabet and ask your students to wirte words using ONLY those letters, as a competition,  to have them more engaged.

7 May 2009     

anatavner
Israel

Since they are 11 years old - you can use the elementary fun sheets by Mulle, which are more suitable than the regular fun sheets.

7 May 2009     

kireya
Spain

What abou this one?

7 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

Thursday Glitter Graphics   To everyone. 

7 May 2009