Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why don īt you do a Ranking, Victor?    

Why don īt you do a Ranking, Victor?

AlbertoPN
Spain

Why don īt you do a Ranking, Victor?

I am always asking the same.

Everyday, I can see very good contributions in this webpage and I think: Which worksheet is the most downloaded in the web? or Which author is the one with more points in this site?

Do you ask yourself the same? What do you think? Do you think is a good idea to have a ranking in this webpage?

I think could be a very good way to motivate teachers to appear in this ranking and a very good way to acknowledge the work of so many wonderful colleagues in this site as we have and without them and their work this page hasn īt got sense.

Thank you in advance!

7 May 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

It can also create low self-esteem not to mention animosity.  I think the website is fine the way it is now.  You have a good suggestion but I don īt think it is appropriate for us.  Victor is a smart guy and he would add it if he deemed it beneficial.  

7 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

For me,I like it this way.Everyone is doing his/her best to promote the site.We need no more hatered triggers.It would be better if we put Mena īs idea into proctice and plan a meeting somewhen,somewhere and somehow.Only this meeting can break the bridges.
Have a nice day 

7 May 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Totally agree with the idea of a meeting! It would be a wonderful experience, for sure!

7 May 2009     

donīt know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

In my opinion, having a ranking would only make the website a competition for points and for appearing in the īranking � of best and most downloaded works.... maybe I īm wrong!.. but I have been around here for a  week or so, and I like the way it is! Most people are only interested in sharing their wonderful works, not competing I feel.
Marian
Smile 

7 May 2009     

lizzysil
Peru

Thumbs Up I AGREE WITH YOU ARIANRW ... I THINK A RANKING IS NOT A NICE IDEA  THIS PAGE IS NOT A COMPETITION.....
HUGS FROM PERU AND A HAPPY MOM īS DAY

7 May 2009     

AlbertoPN
Spain

I think you don īt understand me well!

I know what a wonderful works we can find in this site and we don īt need any ranking for do a competition. All the teachers take part in this site, do it for sharing his/her work and not for having a ranking we are going to lose this objective, because I think is this the objective: sharing our work, and not for being in the ranking we are going to work in another sense, because being the first in the ranking is not the idea.

I suggest this because I think is a good way to recognize the work of lots of teachers and why not, for curiosity. That īs all! I don īt want a competition, anyway.

Take care!

Alberto

7 May 2009     

freddie
Canada

Hello Alberto

Personally I never ask myself who has the most points. We know the long time and prolific and popular authors. Who is first etc creates competition and that is not what we need and it is not why we are here. Sorry I can īt disagree more with your idea.

7 May 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello,
if you go to the box "Search users" and click on the button "Search" without inserting any name or choosing any country you will get the list of all members of this site ranked according to their points. Also if you click on any topic in "Vocabulary" or "Grammar" boxes you īll see the most downloaded wss first.

Hereīs TOP 3:
Katiana 109868 points;
Vanda51 97519 points;
Alenka 93316 points.

Best wishes Big smile
Silvana

7 May 2009     

AlbertoPN
Spain

Thank you very much for your replies, specially you, Silvanija for cover my curiosity. I don īt know this possibility you tell me but now, when I want to know this ranking I can do what you say.

And of course I respect all the comments you did. If I do a brief summary about what you say, there are more peoples disagree with my idea that agree with it so, forget it and Peace and Love for everyone. I adore this site and I only want friends all around the world.

Thank you all of you!

Alberto

7 May 2009     

arkel
Ireland

My main critics are my students, the younger the stricter!! When they tell me my wss are improving, (thanks to all I īve learnt here), I have a beam on my face from ear to ear. They all know about this site and when they ask me īis this yours? � and I say yes, then they give me their VERY HONEST opinion. Believe me,  everything I do is for them. Most are too big for here, which is why you don īt see them. As Silvaija said, You can see the īranking � easily.

7 May 2009