Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I do not want to wrong a colleague.    

I do not want to wrong a colleague.

Caroline565
Australia

I do not want to wrong a colleague.

I do not want to wrong a dear colleague but I had a little bit of an argument tonight(in Pms) with one re the subject of the advertising our own worksheets. I had understood that we are not supposed to do that. We disagreed. If I am wrong please tell me as I would like to apologise to them for any upset that I have caused. Caroline�Confused

Ps. As you will see from my final text below I have made a bad mistake and I will have to be more careful. So sorry.

11 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

You are not wrong dear caroline! Much on the contrary! We should not advertise our own worksheets. That is both unprofessional and unethical!

Have a good night.

mena

11 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Caroline,
I was actually debating if I should post a new thread about that.
While there is no rule about advertising our worksheet, imagine if all of us did that. 
I don �t mean to be rude but when people post a thread asking members to check and comment, I feel it �s still advertisement. I refuse to download advertised printables.
I �m quite capable to decide what is good or not for my students. I don �t need anyone to tell me.

11 May 2009     

claudiaeusebio
Brazil

I see it as a matter of good sense, which lacks in some people. All worksheets are advertised in a proper place in the site, so, if all of us had good sense, there would be no need to warn anyone that it is not really polite to advertise one �s own work, specially in a place which is not appropriated. ANyway, fortunately I see it happening only sometimes, otherwise, I wouldn �t read the forum anymore. Good evening to everyone and that �s just my point of view.Wink

11 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Ladybird,
I understand and respect your point of view. I have PMed you.

11 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

You are right, Caroline. We shouldn �t advertise our own work!

11 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

I have spoken to my colleague since. I have made a dreadful mistake. She was talking about advertising in PMs which is a totally different matter" . She meant "advertising" by telling colleagues who had requested her to let them know by PM when she had uploaded a new work. I am so sorry for making this dreadful mistake. I hope this post serves as an apology to my colleague.Caroline.Unhappy

11 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m glad you were able to clear up the misunderstanding.
Have a good week.

11 May 2009