Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > bookmarks    

bookmarks

QueenJade
Netherlands

bookmarks

I wanted to ask you about the bookmarks here in this site. I  had a look and I want to know,.... if it �s free... I mean if I can use them in my worksheets for free or would i be violating something. Also, I don �t know how do you save those in your pc?
thanks

Also, I downloaded a boarder and frame
(http://www.webphotomart.com/photos.php?t=clipart&o=popular&s=0&l=40&c=borders) but when I paste it on a word document I can´t write inside it!!!.. how can I do it?

16 May 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

what do you mean Jade?

Every worksheet in this site is free for your personal use and of course in your classroom

16 May 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

Hi Julieta! ....
 I asked for help before in regardst to cliparts to use in my worksheets, I still haven �t uploaded anything, and I got very useful answers and tons of websites to check. However, at the moment, I �m much more interested in FREE cliparts, as I can �t afford paying for it!... Anyway, someone told me that I could
scroll down and look at the left side of the screen visit new bookmarks in this site... .I did and I found this one which I liked: http://picasaweb.google.com/zandra.bica/FigurasParaDecoupage#
But I don �t know how to save it in my pc...and wheather I �m allowed to use it in my worksheets.

Also, I visited another site suggested to me today to add boarders and frames to my worksheets..however, i can �t see how can i actually make it a frame on my work. When I paste or add it to my word document it �s like a picture and I can �t write inside it...

JAde

16 May 2009     

arkel
Ireland

She �s talking about the bookmark section Julieta and my answer to you Jade is that I suppose it depends on each site. I �ve also had the same problem as you with borders and frames, so if a more learned colleague can enlighten us....... 

16 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Hi Jade

Maybe this site can help you. Try these borders. You �ll certainly notice a difference!

That�s all I can do, I�m afraid...

Kristien

16 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

ohhhhhh!! I misunderstood, so sorry Tongue

16 May 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

So....?
then!......
Confused
So in the bookmark section here in the site... people upload tons of pictures.. but I �m not allowed to use them?? I mean I can �t save them in my pc and then paste it /them on my worksheets!?

Thanks

16 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

DEFINITION - Using a World Wide Web browser, a bookmark is a saved link to a Web page that has been added to a list of saved links. When you are looking at a particular Web site or home page and want to be able to quickly get back to it later, you can create a bookmark for it. You can think of your browser as a book full of (millions of ) Web pages and a few well-placed bookmarks that you have chosen. The list that contains your bookmarks is the "bookmark list" (and sometimes it �s called a "hotlist.")

So you can �t download from our bookmarks. You have to go to the site first. We do not upload clipart on this site unless it �s used as a flashcard but then people upload more then one picture and they also usually send a task with it.

Good luck.

16 May 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

Hi!
A million thanks!!!  I �m probably just too tired to keep on investigating how things really work to make sure I know what I �m allowed to do and not..etc..etc..
Maybe this is enough for a whole afternoon exploring .. I still can �t make the boarder and frame thingy work on my worksheets!
Perhaps, I should come back tomorrow... my head is going to explode in any minute!.
This isn �t as easy as it looks, mainly when you want to reach the sophisticated standards by which some worksheets in here are done!
Some people here (as far as I �ve been able to see.. because I haven �t downloaded anything).. have done terrific worksheets! really admirable.

bye

16 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

A good tutorial on borders for you. (thanks Cheezels!)

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm

17 May 2009