Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where do you live? Where are you from?    

Where do you live? Where are you from?

missveronica
Argentina

Where do you live? Where are you from?

Dear Friends,
 Ive been around for some weeks and I decided to strat this topic.
I read many of you are from diff parts of the world and (some) work in diff countries thatn your own. So I wanted to know:
Where you are from
Where you live

Im from Argentina and I live here too.

I live in a in a town called Del Viso, it is 40 kms away from BA, our capiltal city.
It is a "green" place full of trees and many gated communities. I suppose you would call it "suburb"
I moved here only a year or so ago.

What about you?

20 May 2009      

Leticia77
Chile

Hi, my name is Leticia and I �m an english teacher. I work with little kids ages from 6 to 12 years old. I live in Valdivia city in Chile. Its located in the fourteenth region called REGION DE LOS RIOS. Its a marvelous city, the most beautiful in the country, you can take a llok at it on internet, you´ll love it.

I´ve been teaching english for 2 years, I´m just starting to work!!! That´s why I need to know teahcers or people form around the world to share experiences,,,,

That´s what I do....

20 May 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Hi! I �m from Quilmes, a city 20 km south from Buenos Aires (The capital city of Argentina). I moved here in December with my boyfriend, after 27 years in Mar del Plata (a city full of beaches - you may find lots of pics on the Net)
Nowadays, I �m working with children ages from 6 to 15, as an English Language teacher, English Literature teacher and I �m also a floating teacher. Then, I have some private teen and adult students.

Who �s next? :)

20 May 2009     

Scheffer
Brazil

I �m originally Brazilian, from a state called Rio Grande do Sul (it is next to Argentina and Uruguay) but nowadays I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
A famous nickname for the city is "Sampa" and "Land of Drizzle". It is the largest city in Brazil and South America, and is the 3rd out of the largest metropolitan regions of the world. With an estimated population of 11,105,249 residents within an area of 1,523 square kilometres (588 sq mi), S�o Paulo is the most populous city in the Southern hemisphere. Depending on which definition is used, the S�o Paulo metropolitan area is ranked as either the first or second most populous in the Americas, just comparable to Mexico City. It is also the richest city of Brazil. The name means Saint Paul in Portuguese. S�o Paulo exerts strong regional influence in commerce and finance as well as arts and entertainment.
Paulista Avenue, in Downtown, is the most important financial center of the country and South America.

Details retrieved from WIKIPEDIA

20 May 2009     

petili
Bulgaria

Hi. My name is Petya Ilieva and I �m from Bulgaria. I live in the second biggest city in my country - Plovdiv. It was a historical town in the past, founded by the Romans but now it is a modern and beautiful city.
I am an English teacher. I have been teaching English for 18 years now and presently i work in an English Language Center. I �m working with both, children and adults, all levels.
I �m happy to be part of you and this site. It is wonderful, amazing...
I �ll be happy to make friends with you.

20 May 2009     

agkk
Turkey

Hi! My full name is Ayşe Karataş and I �m from Turkey. I live in Ankara, the capital.

I �m an English teacher and I have been teaching for 12 years. I �m working in a state high school.

I �m married and I have a three year old son.

AND I �m happy to be a member of this amazing comunity.

20 May 2009     

soleole
Uruguay

HI everyone! M
My name is Sol Escobar and I am originally from Uruguay (from the capital, Montevideo) but I have been travelling and living around the world for the past 8 years. I lived in Canada, Italy, Spain, England and currently I am living in Germany in a gorgeous city called Augsburg not too far from Munich. I am currently teaching English to apprentices and adults in an aerospace company, I have students from 15 to 60yo and I am loving it! I also teach Spanish courses sporadically. I am here only for a year (out of which I have only three months left Cry) and then I am back to England for another year to finish my degree in Languages (German, French, Italian) and Teaching. Usually in England I teach Spanish but I am loving the English teaching!! and loving the site too! Big smile

20 May 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

hi my name is KHALED it means in arabic (immortal) i live in amman the capital .amman is located on 7 mountains i live on one of them which far 5oo meters from the old roman city here its really amazing the old and new in one place.
im an english teacher work in aprimary school which contains 1400 children its big school and also need ahard work too.
i teach three levels 6th 7th and 8th here.the name of the curriculum is (ACTION PACK)
AM REALLY HAPPY TO BE ONE THE MEMBERS HERE
REGARDS
KHALED
PS .IM ORIGINALLY FROM PALASTINE WHICH IS NOW CALLED (ISRAEL) WHEN JOWE EQUPIED IT IN 1949 AND KILL ITS CITIZINS AND FORCED 3 MILLIONS TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY

20 May 2009     

Limor Mor
Israel

OH,  DEAR KHALED.

I THINK U ARE NOT UPDATED WITH HISTORICAL FACTS.
JEWS DIDN �T OCCUPY ISRAEL FROM ARABIC PEOPLE BUT FROM THE ENGLISH WHO RULED HERE (MAKING HARD TIME TO EVERYONE) AND SOME OF THE ARABS WERE DYING TO SELL THEIR HOUSES AND LAND TO THOSE WHO PAY WELL (OTHERWISE, HOW WOULD U  EXPLAIN THOSE WHO STAYED HERE AND STILL RUN THE COEXISTANCE MAINTAINING RATHER PEACEABLE LIFE)...
I REALLY BELIEVE THAT YOUR POINT OF VIEW IS BASED ON DEEP HATRED AND BRAIN WASHING SINCE CHILDHOOD. U SHOULD GO BEYOND THAT AND DO WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM US, ESPECIALLY AS TEACHERS,- SEARCH AND RESEARCH FOR FACTS OBJECTIVELY.

IT �S NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT U MISS THE POINT OF THIS SITE BY EXPREESSING EXTREME POLITICAL OPINIONS. NORMALLY I WOULD IGNORE YOUR COMMENTS BECAUSE I REALLY BELIEVE THIS IS NOR THE TIME OR THE PLACE TO EXPRESS THEM, BUT NOW U �VE GONE A BIT TOO FAR.

LIMOR 

20 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I am from and living in New Zealand.  Currently living in the largest city Auckland that has approximetly 2,000,000 people.  Soon to shift into the boondocks though - on the outskirts of a little taranaki town with about 5000 people.

(Hi LEticia - I lived in Osorno last year - got to visit Valdivia - you are from an incredibly beautiful country - I miss the mountains and lakes so much!)

20 May 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Hello everybody,
I think this subject is a great one ! I �m from France, the Eastern part of the country not so far from the German border. I live in a very small village called Dounoux (800 inhabitants) and work about 10 km from it in a little town called Xertigny. The nearest big towns, I would say are Nancy, Metz or Strasbourg but they �re at least 70 km from here where Epinal is only 10 km far but not so big (50,000 people). They are green hills and mountains, a lot of rain and sometimes a depressing grey sky that can last for weeks. I �ve lived in this area for 15 years and been teaching for 20. I �m from the South of France, near a town called Grenoble at the foot of the French Alps.�
I love this site, I love my country and I also love Scotland where I lived for two years some years ago and which is not unlike this area of France except the light that �s unique.

20 May 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >