Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Need help & advice about PICTURE-STORIES    

Need help & advice about PICTURE-STORIES

AnnaW
France

Need help & advice about PICTURE-STORIES

Hi everyone!
I hope you �re all having a nice day (today is a bank holiday in France, so we can stay at home, hehe! Tongue)
I �m asking for help today because I �d like to make my 12-14 year-old kids work on and then create their own picture-stories ( you know these stories made up only of photos with added speech bubbles. Youusually find them in tabloids or magazines for women and teen girls, i guess). Please have a look here for an example: http://blogs.poitou-charentes.fr/romanphoto/)

So would any of you, dear (very!) resourceful colleagues, have any nice activity on that topic, or know any good tutorial on how to create a good picture-story or maybe a site with other examples of students � works?

Thanks a lot, and have a wonderful soon-to-come weekend!

Cheers,
Chris

21 May 2009      

Juventina
Brazil

Hey, Chris!!!
There �s a link on the BBC website which is very useful for teachers! This is the link of the flatmates worksheets. There are some comics with no ballons, so the students can draw them and create their own stories.
I hope it can help you;)
Kisses

22 May 2009     

Juventina
Brazil

Oh, I �m really sorry... I forgot to leave you the link... So here it goes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/teachingenglish/flatmates/

22 May 2009