Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please, be careful with the UNCOUNTABLE nouns...    

Please, be careful with the UNCOUNTABLE nouns...

douglas
United States

Bacteria is plural,  bacterium is singular

@stexteme--What did I do?Confused

23 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks GIOVANNI and Douglas  ,  you are both right,  but the sentence still sounds funny to me.  Oh, well.

Hi FRENCHIE,  HOPE ALL IS WELL.

23 May 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Ok, so it all depends on the context...
But let �s think about THIS context, in which teachers are teaching different types of Fruit (or Fruit? Confused)

I was pretty sure that we cannot say "I like fruits" for example...I don �t know now...But it �s good to discuss topics like this one...

23 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Frenchfrog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 May 2009     

frenchfrog
France

By the way I have just had dinner. Trout was on the menu. One trout, two ... trout! Go figure???? Why not two troutS?

23 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

MMMMMmm delicious, i haven �t had lunch yet!!!!!!!!. Can anybody answer Frenchfrog �s question

23 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Trout  sounds good - but what was your side dish?

23 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

You could use trouts this way, but not meaning fish.  The two old trouts gave me a big headache.  All they did was talk all night long.

23 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Can anyone send me a mongoose? �But it might be lonely all aloneCry ...better to send me two mongooses!!!!! �That sounds wrong Confused. Ok ...when you are sending me the mongoose, send me another one as well. �Hmm...that gets me out of the singular and plural problemLOL

23 May 2009     

douglas
United States

mongeese?

25 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2